Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver Member

Default My plow mount thread...

Hey all,

Going to start building the mount for my snowbear plow i picked up cheap. Thought I would share my progress along the way and ya'll can tell me what i am doing wrong

Going on the 2305... Pictures coming soon..
    If only god made me rich instead of handsome!

2305 Folding Rop

2305 Quick Hitch / Plow build

Silver Member

Default Re: My plow mount thread...

More information..

This will be an attempt at a tools free, frame mount... My own version of the JD quick hitch.

To get started i did order the mount brackets from JD, they slide under the front brush gaurd and use new stronger bolts for the installation.

Next is to cut up my right and left support plates, i picked up some thick plate steal to make these.

2305 Folding Rop

Silver Member

2305 Folding Rop

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Quote Originally Posted by jd2305cd View Post
    To get started i did order the mount brackets from JD, they slide under the front brush gaurd and use new stronger bolts for the installation.
    Sounds like what I did, do you have any pics of those brackets?
    I made mine myself, didn't know that JD sold them.

Here's a link to my build. you may learn from a couple of my mistakes. It's all ironed out now and is like a factory option, it's beautiful to sit down and have a 4way snow plow at your finger tips being able to control with loader stick.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...nt-front.html?

JB.
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Silver Member

Yeah I saw your setup during my research.. Mine will be similar in ways.. you going to leave that mount on during the summer or un bolt?

Because of the way the 200cx loader has its own kick stand i can't leave mine attached, would get in the way. So I am doing two things, the piece i got from JD will stay on year round, while the rest will quick attach. It will be a lil easier to talk to once i get some pictures..

2305 Folding Rop

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Looking forward to the progress. We don't have much need for them around here...NORMALLY! Christmas Eve brought about 8-9" with some 4ft drifts! Ya, it got a little windy!
    Jay

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so" Ronald Reagan

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 NIV

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Quote Originally Posted by jd2305cd View Post
    Yeah I saw your setup during my research.. Mine will be similar in ways.. you going to leave that mount on during the summer or un bolt?

Because of the way the 200cx loader has its own kick stand i can't leave mine attached, would get in the way. So I am doing two things, the piece i got from JD will stay on year round, while the rest will quick attach. It will be a lil easier to talk to once i get some pictures..

The undercarriage frame will stay, the 300 loader also has that stand that comes down and swings underneath that area, but I made it so it just misses the mount. it's plenty high enough and will not cause ground clearance issue.

Also wanted it short so I didn't need rearward frame to structurally push off of, just pushing off the front frame mount, so far has not been a problem though we have not had much snow yet this year to really test it.

The only problem keeping that frame mount so high caused, is with the plows A-frame geometry. It is critical to have the plows frame level with the ground when the blade is down.
    It really wreaks havoc not having it level, causes upward push on front end making steering difficult, prevents even contact of cutting edge when angled, makes a harsh chattering noise and vibration.
    I had to mod the plow to lower the back side down, mine is still not perfectly level but it's fine now.

That's one of the mistakes you can avoid, try and get it as level as you can, without going crazy.

I did make mine to be tool-less swap between loader and frame mounted plow, though I did add 2 bolts through upper lift frame and existing holes in weight bracket.
    It was not necessary as that lift frame slips over the weight bracket and stays in place under it's own weight and that of the plow when up, but it makes the whole set up that much tighter and smother that it's worth it to take the minute or so and snug up 2 nuts.

What is that JD bracket for? a plow or a blower?

Good Luck, JB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My plow mount thread...-dscn6285-jpg   My plow mount thread...-dscn6233-jpg   My plow mount thread...-dscn6284-jpg   My plow mount thread...-dscn6286-jpg  
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Silver Member

The bracket is to mount the quick hitch front end they make for the 2305. Then that can be used for the plow, snowblower or sweeper..

Yeah Luckly the 2305 doesn't stand as tall as yours, so the brack will almost be the perfect hieght..

2305 Folding Rop

Silver Member

Here is the bracket that mount to the frame and under the brush gaurd.

Its about 3/8" thick plate, bolt with the same four bolts as for the brush gaurd. It will be the only thing thats left on the tractor, the rest will mount all of it..
    Last edited by jd2305cd; 01-12-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: picture not working..

2305 Folding Rop

Silver Member

Heres the quick mock up of the brackets i am making.

One on either side...

2305 Folding Rop

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast