My plow mount thread...

/ My plow mount thread...
Here is the plate i am using, this is 3/8" as well.. I probably could have used 4" plate and just welded an L shaped bracket.

But this gives me an excuse to use my friends mill and play a lil. Like playin with that toy, need to get my hand on one of them. Going to mill them both out tomorrow.

p1010483e.jpg

/ My plow mount thread... #12  
HI JD2305CD. New member here. Been looking for a long time, but your thread really caught my attention and I decided to go ahead and join.

I am working a very similar project right now. The only difference is I am adapting an older 54"JD Plow to my 2305 and I wanted to use the quick-attach method also. I made several models from plywood and when I finally had what looked and fitted right, I took it a friend's fab shop and he made a CAD drawing and loaded into their plasma cutter. So far, everything fits like it should and the bracket is at the powder coater. I am having new hoses made and with a little luck it will work like it is supposed to on the first try. One big thing you will find as you progress with this, the holes in the JD frame brackets are 13/16. This is NOT a standard size around here, so I had to buy a whole stick, 20' to get 32", still cheaper than buying the pins from JD.

More pics later as this project progresses.

Attachments

• snow plow bracket.jpg
    snow plow bracket.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 258
Yup same idea.. :) I found that a 3/4 piece of solid bar stock seemed to fit just right. Found some nice 3/4 in pins today on ebay i am going to order up as well.

Great looking piece so far, you'll need to share some more pictures of that setup. Unfortunatly i don't have a freind with a cad / plasma cutter. The mill i am using doesn't even have an auto feed, but hopefully the result will be as nice as your came out!

Here are the brackets, Cut them out on the mill, sure beats doing it with a grinder, torch or saw... then just hit the corners with the new belt sander to round them. Came out great, ready to mock them up and mark the holes..

p1010488f.jpg

p1010487.jpg

/ My plow mount thread... #15  
Here are the brackets, Cut them out on the mill, sure beats doing it with a grinder, torch or saw...

this is why you have a plasma cutter.

make the template out of some scrap 1/4" plywood complete with rounded off corners. bet you could cut 4 in the time it took you to cut one on the mill :D

Yeah its on my wish list.. But don't want to get a cheapo... I only cut the two long cuts on the mill, took maybe 5 minutes each.. Rounded the corners on the sander.. All in all didn't take long at all...

/ My plow mount thread... #17  
Picked up the bracket from the powder coater today. Here it is installed on the tractor. Only thing I am waiting on now is the hoses. I had to order the 45 degree fittings, but hopefully they will be in by Friday and I can get the plow up and running this weekend.

Attachments

• snow plow.jpg
    snow plow.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 308
  • snow plow bracket 1.jpg
    snow plow bracket 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 218
  • snow plow bracket 2.jpg
    snow plow bracket 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 283
  • snow plow bracket 3.jpg
    snow plow bracket 3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 155
   / My plow mount thread... #18  
Picked up the bracket from the powder coater today. Here it is installed on the tractor. Only thing I am waiting on now is the hoses. I had to order the 45 degree fittings, but hopefully they will be in by Friday and I can get the plow up and running this weekend.

Looks very nice!! Is that how Deere does it? I think they may have some pusher arms that go to the center or the rear of the frame for strength, I dunno. Something to consider.

Looks great RR, makes me think a lil.. Your fits on the inside of the brackets, I was going to put mine on the outside.

Makes sense to to it that way though, because it rests against the front frame, mine wasn't going to. I was going to run a support there, but i think its better to have the "L" shape line right onto the frame. Glad you decided to post!!!!

/ My plow mount thread... #20  
I actually looked at the correct blade for my tractor and after they picked me up from the floor when they told me the price, $1800, I figured there had to be a better way......so, I took a bunch of pictures of the correct blade and quick hitch and tried to model mine as close to what the factory designed. With only one exception, my bracket hooks up exactly like the factory quick hitch. It slides inside the factory brackets like the factory, but instead of being tied together with the quick hitch, mine extends up the front of the bumper and has two 9/16 holes in it to line up with the holes in the bumper. I made pins for those holes also, so basically there are three pins that must be installed to attach the bracket. No tools required. I will end up with only about $400 in the entire project. The only four things I had to pay for was the blade I found on evil bay pretty close to home, JD brackets for the 2305, some fittings, and of course a 20' stick of 13/16 rod. It is really nice to have friends that owe favors and own powder coating, steel fab, or hydraulic shops. Even without the favors, I would have still only had $600 or so in it.

How is your project coming along? That blade you are using looks to be about five feet? Will it be all hydraulic or electric?

Attachments

• snow plow bracket 4.jpg
    snow plow bracket 4.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 170
  • snow plow bracket 5.jpg
    snow plow bracket 5.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited: