Hydraulic Auger Mount

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #11  
I made a bucket mount for skid shoes (snow removal) a couple of years ago, I drilled through the reinforced bucket bottom and filed the holes square to use carriage bolts. Plow bolts would work well, but is there really anything to gain by having a truly flush surface?

It's late in the game to make this suggestion, but it would have been nice to be able to simply add a couple of low profile rails on the side of the bucket to slide the new hanger bracket into. If it had been done that way, you would have been able to simply slide the bracket in place and lock it with a single small bolt. The rails wouldn't impede using the bucket normally, and you could have either welded or bolted them in place.

The more bolts you add the more of a PITA it's going to be to put it on and take it off, so you'll try to avoid using it. That's been my experience, anyway.

I take it you're going to use the bucket curl hoses to run the auger?

Sean

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
I take it you're going to use the bucket curl hoses to run the auger?

Sean

Sean,
No, I want to keep curl function. I will run it to the second remote.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
I bought the grade 8 hardware today at Lowes. TSC was out of all 1/2 inch bolts. I now realize that the welder did weld it up with the washer in. The fit problem comes from a very basic no-no from welding 101............Use equal heat on both sides of a flange. As it is, the flange leans in on the forward end. After drilling the bolt holes out to 1/2 inch, I took it all apart and put half of the hole of the forward flange on the bench grinder. Now it falls apart when I pull the pin. All this drilling went quick with my 18 volt Makita cordless drill and a good bit that was continually dipped in Boelube.
Saturday I will mount the motor and gearbox on the mounts.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 1-4-12 Auger Mount Close up.jpg
    1-4-12 Auger Mount Close up.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 537
  • 1-4-12 Auger Mount Installed on Big RED Beast.jpg
    1-4-12 Auger Mount Installed on Big RED Beast.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 492
   / Hydraulic Auger Mount #14  
Ma'am,

What is your overall impression of the Danuser product? I am planning on a future hydro auger purchase and I am looking at several products to include Danuser and McMillen (Everything Attachments) so user feedback is important to me.

Thank you.

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
Ma'am,

What is your overall impression of the Danuser product? I am planning on a future hydro auger purchase and I am looking at several products to include Danuser and McMillen (Everything Attachments) so user feedback is important to me.

Thank you.
RFB,
I think it is well worth the money. Especially over PTO augers. Buy the longest extension you can buy with it to get 4 feet depth. I bought a 12 inch extension and have to dig down for motor clearance to hit four feet.

More importantly, I made a phone call to Danuser and Steve (or Glenn, can't remember first name) Danuser ansnwered my questions.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-22-11 Augering new Meter Pole hole.jpg
    4-22-11 Augering new Meter Pole hole.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 706
   / Hydraulic Auger Mount
I built my own hydraulic auger. Came in with a hd bit at just under 1k.

That is an good price and you had the satisfaction of building it. In 2007, the auger motor was $1446. The 9 inch bit was $206 and the 12 inch bit was $242. The 14 inch extension was $103. One of my (slow boat) projects is to make another extension. I will have to find some drill stem for a coupling. The solid round stock for the shaft is only around $25. Problem is finding the right size thick wall coupling. But then again, I only looked at the local mill supply. I might buy some solid round stock the diameter of the coupling and have it machined. That might turn out to be the easiest.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
I got the auger motor assembly installed today and measured for 3/8 inch lines to the remote. I will need 16 feet x 2. First photo is the view from the seat. The 2nd and 3rd photos show overall installation, while the last photo shows a good close up of the bracket profiles. This rig definitely needs a cradle on wheels. So I will be designing and building a cradle for the auger/motor assy. with the extension installed.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 1-7-12 Auger from seat.jpg
    1-7-12 Auger from seat.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 1-7-12 Auger Installed.jpg
    1-7-12 Auger Installed.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 490
  • 1-7-12 Auger on FEL.jpg
    1-7-12 Auger on FEL.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 600
  • 1-7-12 Auger on FEL closeup.jpg
    1-7-12 Auger on FEL closeup.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 583
   / Hydraulic Auger Mount #19  
Nice job Brandi. That hyd digger sure is sweet.

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #20  
That will be doing some fast drilling! Wish I'd thought of that 8 years ago when I put in a fence.