Hydraulic Auger Mount

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
About the yoke, guress I need to make one similar to yours, if you look at mine in the above pics it is about the same size top and bottom whereas your is much wider on the planetary end.

Thanks. Now I see how it cradles it. Neat installation.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #32  
Bindian, my lowe Classic 750 hydraulic uses 7-20 gpm and handles up to 18" auger. I got three augers with it and it handles the larger 12" ok on my JD 4430. Sure beats the 3 ph Modern I had been using.

BTW, after looking at your setup, I think I will put a plate on the side of my fel bucket to attach the auger drive there. I will need to reinforce my bucket first.

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
Bindian, my lowe Classic 750 hydraulic uses 7-20 gpm and handles up to 18" auger. I got three augers with it and it handles the larger 12" ok on my JD 4430. Sure beats the 3 ph Modern I had been using.

BTW, after looking at your setup, I think I will put a plate on the side of my fel bucket to attach the auger drive there. I will need to reinforce my bucket first.

CJ222,
I have 3/8 inch plates on both ends of the bucket and a 2x2x3/8 inch angle on the top lip.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #34  
I got the auger motor assembly installed today and measured for 3/8 inch lines to the remote. I will need 16 feet x 2. First photo is the view from the seat. The 2nd and 3rd photos show overall installation, while the last photo shows a good close up of the bracket profiles.

Looks good, Brandi

Why do you prefer to have the hyd PHD on the FEL instead of the hoe?
As you start using it, I am interested in how you compare/contrast the
two different hyd PHD implementations.

I only have experience with hoe-mounted hyd PHDs, so I can not
compare with 1st hand experience. Mine came with the loader mounts,
but I made my own yokes to put them on my hoes (Worksaver 714H).

BTW, one of the 2 yokes I made could not handle the torque until I
reinforced it.

Attachments

• Hyd_PHD_adapter.JPG
    Hyd_PHD_adapter.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 562
   / Hydraulic Auger Mount
Looks good, Brandi

Why do you prefer to have the hyd PHD on the FEL instead of the hoe?
As you start using it, I am interested in how you compare/contrast the
two different hyd PHD implementations.

I only have experience with hoe-mounted hyd PHDs, so I can not
compare with 1st hand experience. Mine came with the loader mounts,
but I made my own yokes to put them on my hoes (Worksaver 714H).

BTW, one of the 2 yokes I made could not handle the torque until I
reinforced it.

DFKrug,
Thanks. I wanted a loader bucket position to dig holes for a fence line and getting on and off the BH every two holes to move the tractor gets old.
When I get the lines connected, I will post a progress report.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #36  
DFKrug,
Thanks. I wanted a loader bucket position to dig holes for a fence line and getting on and off the BH every two holes to move the tractor gets old.
hugs, Brandi

Your answer was pretty much exactly what I was thinking, Brandi. We put in about 125 fence posts over the space of a few days this fall, and it was bad enough backing up to each one to drill. Still beats digging holes by hand or using a maul. By a long shot.

Is there any sort of a shear bolt on the hydraulic auger? I'm curious now..

Sean

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
Your answer was pretty much exactly what I was thinking, Brandi. We put in about 125 fence posts over the space of a few days this fall, and it was bad enough backing up to each one to drill. Still beats digging holes by hand or using a maul. By a long shot.

Is there any sort of a shear bolt on the hydraulic auger? I'm curious now..

Sean

The instructions for the auger say the bolts are shear bolts and it has reverse!
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #38  
DFKrug,
hugs, Brandi

Thats a good point for most backhoe attachments I think I would rather have one on the fel than shuttle between the seats.:( Thankfully I have the creep to reposition on the 110tlb which means I can stay in the rear seat and still drive the tractor around to each hole.:thumbsup:

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
I have the creep to reposition on the 110tlb which means I can stay in the rear seat and still drive the tractor around to each hole.:thumbsup:

Does creep let you steer?
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #40  
bindian said:
Does creep let you steer?
hugs, Brandi

Yes, you have to turn around and grab the wheel and trees a two way rocker and a lever to control direction and speed. Only thing you don't have access to is brakes.