Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
Thanks, I like to take pride in stuff, trying to do it right and to try and stay within a budget, it is easy to get carried away and go way over budget.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #93  
Looks great!

Makes me think I need to get more done around here.

It never ends, when this is done, Next project will be a new pole barn, Kids want a horse and some other things, Need more buildings.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #95  
Excellent workmanship Joe. Where in eastern NY? I grew up just south of Albany.

Sullivan county, about 2.5 hrs from syracuse.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #98  
PC150345.jpg

PC150338.jpg
I love the look of the workshop, you have done a great job! I have been following the thread and enjoying all of the pictures. Yes, I am a bit of a lurker. ;)

Can I ask about the hoist? I don't really understand the storage location of the rope, because it seems so high up and kind of dangerous to access. Will you be leaning out the door and standing on a chair to reach it? Using a stick with a hook or Y on it to grab the rope? I don't understand why you would put it up so high and out of reach instead of right beside the door. Is there a balcony in the plan for that door that would make it safer to get at the rope? In that case, I don't know how you would hoist something past the balcony.

No attack or criticism meant, you have done a beautiful job of this build and so I am sure you have a plan. I am just wondering why you would put the rope holding post up so high. Cheers. :)

Good question, The door that is going there is going to be in three parts, I have the bottom half which will be one piece, then the top half which will be two pieces, so I put it above, I have a rod with a hook that takes it off no problem all while staying in the building and when the bottom door is in place it'll be safe. I don't plan to use the hoist very often it is more there just for looks.
I have also thought of adding a balcony/deck at some point.

Not much to update on, Been a little slow with Holidays and the weather. I am hoping to get the wiring started soon. This is whee I am at now, Got the perlins in on the back and the Tyvek up and some of the boards.

PC220003.jpg

PC220004.jpg