Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #81  
The barn looks great, nice garage door, I like how you hid the weatherstrip. That old pulley system realy fits the build. Is the eye bolt rated for overhead lifting?

Dave

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
Yes it is the bolt is a decent size, hard to see by the pic.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #83  
I am just now joining this thread. A few questions I'm sure have been covered, but I didn't read all the posts, just looked at the pictures.
What kind of wood used for siding?
Did you do the work yourself?
Are you done yet?
It looks great, a complex project. Love the detail, the door etc.. Nothing I don't like.
I have a barn that is board on board poplar. Regular pitched roof, not gambrel.
Are you going to put a stain or some type of finish on the outside. I put a solid brown stain on.
Again, VERY NICE project.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #84  
Nice looking garage. Are you going to install a garage door opener?

The wood is Hemlock which is what most barns are built with in this area.
Nope not done yet, I am posting pictures in steps, The last set is where I am at now.
I have had help from some knowledge folks, kind of hard to do a project like this with out a few sets of hands, it is a lot higher up then it looks in the photos. It is the little details that can make or break a project, This building is built very sturdy of course there are things I would have liked to do different but you have to weigh the benefits to cost. I do plan to build another animal barn on the property which will probably be a simpler project and may or may not have the detail that this one has.
I am unsure if I will or will not stain it.
And I have no plans for a Garage door opener at this point, if I do Ill Prob have to put the kind on that go on the sides.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #86  
I have to agree with everyone else, you did a super job on this garage. Are you a carpenter by trade?

Nope a Public servant by trade. Want to retire and become a full time Homesteader/farmer.

Thanks I have had some Great people helping out.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #88  
I Don't know if anyone else mentioned this But I would have put a large door with a ramp from the rear of the barn making it easier for storage.

I have thought of that also, I can add one at anytime with out to much trouble, I'll see what I am going to use the upstairs for, I think it may jsut be a Man cave for me, Bar TV the works.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #90  
Very nice! Great attention to detail, nice finish. Would love my garage to look like that.