FEL mounted tree limb trimmer

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #21  
I have seen several posts looking for a brush cutter that mounts to a front end loader. I have built one that works great. It is driven with a hydraulic motor that operates from the hydraulics on the prime mover. It will mount to any prime mover with a quick attach front end loader. It will cut vertically or any position between vertical and 60 degrees below horizontal. The cutting width is 44". If you are interested, I can send some photos and details.

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #23  
Yes, please post some photos. A lot of people here would be interested.

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #24  
Attached are some photos
Cutter- Elevated-Rotated for email.jpgCutter- Below Horizontal.JPGCutter- Horizontal.JPGCutter- Vertical.JPG

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #25  
I have seen several posts looking for a brush cutter that mounts to a front end loader. I have built one that works great. It is driven with a hydraulic motor that operates from the hydraulics on the prime mover. It will mount to any prime mover with a quick attach front end loader. It will cut vertically or any position between vertical and 60 degrees below horizontal. The cutting width is 44". If you are interested, I can send some photos and details.

Great job! What GPM motor you used?

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #26  
8 GPM minimum

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #28  
Hey, folks. Been a while since I've been on here. Great thread. Thought I'd update it with my budget version.

Needed to trim up about a dozen oak trees, branches about 2-5", some up to 25 feet off the ground. Slow growers out here, so after being trimmed won't need to trim again for several years. That said, don't need high-dollar heavy metal. Just want to get a chainsaw up there, leave me on the ground, let the tractor do the work.

First big problem was a couple of oaks that had grown, interspersed, into my power line. Can't just chop off the big branch without it taking out the power line.

This will take some surgical nipping to clear the line.

Attachments

• FEL_Saw01.jpg
    FEL_Saw01.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 425
   / FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #29  
Tractor with front-end-loader, and a clamp-on pallet fork.

Long piece of 2x6, with U-clamps.

A chainsaw holder, hinged at the rear, with 25 feet of control cable.

Attachments

• FEL_Saw09.jpg
    FEL_Saw09.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 373
  • FEL_Saw08.jpg
    FEL_Saw08.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 345
  • FEL_Saw06.jpg
    FEL_Saw06.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 328
  • FEL_Saw05.jpg
    FEL_Saw05.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 387
   / FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #30  
Attach the long stick to the pallet fork.

Attach the chainsaw holder to the long stick.

Kinda dangly out there.
Brace it with some rope.

Attachments

• FEL_Saw10.jpg
    FEL_Saw10.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 293
  • FEL_Saw11.jpg
    FEL_Saw11.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 313
  • FEL_Saw12.jpg
    FEL_Saw12.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 275