FEL mounted tree limb trimmer

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #41  
one of these days, though, someone is going to be on the bad side of fate!. :eek:

And then it'll be.....

hqdefault.jpg

Say G'night Dick.

G'night Dick.

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #42  
Haha, thanx for the accolades guyz.

Feeling some inspiration.....

I have an FEL, an electric (Remington) pole saw, a piece of 20' fence top rail, some guy wire, an extension cord, a switch or two and a tree hanging over a telephone pole (no power line on it).

Not sure if I have the guts or not though.

I had originally thought about making a human bucket lift cage, attached to the FEL. Or, just renting one. But there was so little room up in some of those trees. Plus, the thought of accidentally bumping the hydraulic control gave me the heebee-jeebees.

Not shown is the practice sessions.
Find a five-foot pencil, and practice signing your name.

Kinda like doing brain surgery, by way of the ****...

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #43  
:thumbsup:
....and you didn't get your saw pinched or hung up in a tree 25' above the ground! :cool2:
...nor did your saw mounting board bust apart from the boom so that a running chainsaw comes flying out of the sky and lands on your lap. :cool2:
Maybe he had seat belt on

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #44  
I'm impressed, would I do it... NOT, but nice job !

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #46  
You know - if I had seven miles of lanes/roads to limb and the limbs got up to 3" - I'd be looking for professional help. This doesn't really sound like a DIY project.

Particularly - with the height ( 25 feet ), power lines involved is some areas and limbs up to 3".

That's why power companies have hydraulic man lifts on big trucks and workers with chain saws.

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #47  
Feeling some inspiration.....

I have an FEL, an electric (Remington) pole saw, a piece of 20' fence top rail, some guy wire, an extension cord, a switch or two and a tree hanging over a telephone pole (no power line on it).

Not sure if I have the guts or not though.

You mean THIS Remington saw? I used (3) 5" hose clamps from TS to pin it to my forks. I use a little suitcase genny I picked up off CL for $75 and a wireless remote on/off switch from Amazon for $11 to turn it on and off. I also have a gas pole saw I can use from work platform for greater reach, but that requires two people. :)

This by no means is an all day work solution, just a simple solution to trim a few trees.

IMG_20190504_155929139_HDR.jpg IMG_20190504_160026781_HDR.jpg

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #48  
I put my old HF engine hoist on a SSQA plate to have a mobile hoist. It works good with my Remington pole saw. Close in to the buildings I just use an extension cord but have also mounted a small generator in the back to work elsewhere.

Attachments

• saw2.jpg
    saw2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 167
   / FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #49  
You know - if I had seven miles of lanes/roads to limb and the limbs got up to 3" - I'd be looking for professional help. This doesn't really sound like a DIY project.

Particularly - with the height ( 25 feet ), power lines involved is some areas and limbs up to 3".

That's why power companies have hydraulic man lifts on big trucks and workers with chain saws.
My power company uses hydraulic powered chainsaws..

/ FEL mounted tree limb trimmer #50  
You mean THIS Remington saw? I used (3) 5" hose clamps from TS to pin it to my forks.

This by no means is an all day work solution, just a simple solution to trim a few trees.

Yeah, but I would just use a momentary contact switch - push to power, off when released .... dead man type switch.

Tree crews I've seen use an 18" or larger diameter circular saw blade at the end of a 30-40' fiberglass boom pole mounted to what looks like to used to be a bucket truck. Sort of like this, but different:

resize.php