Is your acreage enough?

/ Is your acreage enough? #11  
We have 23 acres and I sure would like more. There is eight acres that borders our land and I would buy it in a minute if goes on the market.

/ Is your acreage enough? #12  
EM14: rest assured it is going to cost you and your neighbors some$$$ somewhere down the road the taxpayer will foot the bill.

/ Is your acreage enough? #13  
Frank,
I'm sure that you are right ... some one must pay and I bet I know who that is ...

/ Is your acreage enough? #14  
Tim,

That reminds me of an uncle who was a large farmer. I had breakfast with him at the local restaurant one day when I was visiting there and he was telling me about some land he'd just added. Someone commented on him trying to uy all the land around and he just looked at him and smiled. "I don't want to buy up all the land here. I just want the land that borders mine." /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Is your acreage enough? #15  
Gary,

I understand the context of that conversation and have been a party to that before as I was raised in PA where the nearest neighbor was a mile away and we had others interested in gaining ground so to speak. I believe that the basic premise of this though is;

If one has all the material things satisfied for daily living, then the next choice is acquisition of more, wether it be land, companies etc.. It boils down to what they want from life.

The motives for more land are many, but the some of the good ones are to; stop/impede development, acquire more for a land based enterprise, and to ensure privacy.

There are some on this forum that have 1000's of acres, and some that have less than 1. Some are happy but I think the majority want more space. It's likely the tractor/outdoor interests or in general, equipment owners want space and less development, just because thats the way we are as a type.

Carl

/ Is your acreage enough? #16  
I don't dislike people I just dislike people bothering me with their barking dogs, stereos and just plain ignorance

Yep I am in that boat I must admit.

I moved away from the burbs to get some space and get away from neighbours.

Now I still have issues with my neighbours but at least they can't see EVERYTHING I do.

Cheers

/ Is your acreage enough? #17  
We have 24, and since creekbeds, low lying areas, trees, road, and pond take up a good portion, I wish I had more.

/ Is your acreage enough? #18  
I have 5.5 acres just around the home,and couple more acres else where and thats enough.

1.When you get older one starts to lose there zip. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
2.The City of Lebanon reminds me twice a year w/a tax bill../w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

/ Is your acreage enough? #19  
<font color=blue>I don't dislike people I just dislike people bothering me with their barking dogs, stereos and just plain ignorance.</font color=blue>

You hit the nail on the head, Tawoo. Birds, the wind, the occasional barking squirrel and maybe a few yapping coyotes at night are all that I want to hear and that is what I hear back home in Ark. That is one of the main reasons I like to go home every chance I get. Nothing beats the peace and quiet of life in the country.

/ Is your acreage enough? #20  
Let me tell you about a secret I know of.....

They don't make land anymore......

Tawoo,
I like the reply to your note about trying to get away from the
barking dogs, loud stereos, etc. etc.
I am fortunate to be surrounded by large lots on this side of the planet, yet we still have the annoying neighbors with barking dogs, loud stereos, loud bass amps in cars, speeding,
littering, shooting, etc. etc.

No matter what you have, respect for privacy is always infringed upon by someone. You just have to shake your head, smile and do the best you can.

-Mike Z.