Is your acreage enough?

/ Is your acreage enough? #21  
I am like many of you. I want the peace and quiet. If I can save up and buy a few adjacent lots around the house that is just a little more space someone else can't build on. I have seen houses put on so called unbuildable lots almost in people's back yards. So if I can afford it I am going to try my hardest to collect the land that is for sale around my place.

steve

/ Is your acreage enough? #22  
When we bought our place, the 3.5 acres was more than enough. Wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Now I'm renovating the pasture and the house. Maybe I'll get some animals. Eventually, we'll probably want more.
One has to be careful about is wanted and what is needed. I'd love more land, but I'm really not doing anything with the little bit that I have. When this plot is being used to its full potential and I still want to do more, maybe I'll start looking for something a little bigger.

/ Is your acreage enough? #23  
It looks like my income is going toward the down hill side and the taxes are moving (rapid) on the uphill side .... and as with my income I'm getting less and less from my increasing taxes...

/ Is your acreage enough? #24  
NEVER ENOUGH ! I grew up in the city of Cleveland on a 45 x 90 ft lot, got married moved to a suburb on 1/2 acre. Wow. Got closed in on that half acre and moved farther out, now on 3 acres. Four years ago purchased 62 acres for retirement. Still doesn't seem like enough, and unfortunately at the time, passed up on the 100 acres that are behind the 62. I'm not an isolationist, but don't like to hear the neighbors conversations, doors slamming and dogs barking. Like I said, NEVER ENOUGH....Wiz

/ Is your acreage enough?
"No matter what you have, respect for privacy is always infringed upon by someone. You
just have to shake your head, smile and do the best you can."

Wow, your a better man then I. I never feel like shaking my head I feel like shaking THEIR head.
-T

/ Is your acreage enough? #26  
We have 10 acres, and we're haying on 40 adjoining acres with our neighbors. We want, and need much more land. We're in the market for any land which we can hay or farm on that's within a tractor drive of our farm. I don't think anyone has enough acreage, especially once you get into farming!

/ Is your acreage enough? #27  
No never enough,untill tax time.fortunatlly i`m blessed with a bit of heaven.43+ acres in Gurnsey co,Ohio.nearest neighbor is 1 1/2 miles to the north.lane is 3/8 of a mile..goes across a beaver pond.so peacefull and quiet...set on the ft porch drinking a cold one while watching the deer and turkeys in the front field.Oh ya and the nearest paved road is about 4 miles away....all dirt roads like i said a piece of heaven....Sid

/ Is your acreage enough? #28  
Tawoo, I have 46 acres with about 12-13 acres in a Coastal Bermuda hay meadow and the balance in heavy woods. I bought a LK3054 Kioti 4wd tractor, a 5ft mower and box scraper and recently mowed about 3 acres with it. Took me a long time! I was happy that a fellow had approached me earlier and we agreed that he would take care of the hay (liming the field, spraying for weeds, poisoning moles, fertilizing and baling the hay) when it is ready. Frankly the smaller tractors like mine (30 hp) are not adequate for handling the needs of a place the size of mine. I've asked a number of forum posters privately to encourage newbies like me to buy bigger. If I had to do all the work on my place, I'd need a new tractor. Hope this helps. Regards

/ Is your acreage enough? #29  
I had 1.3 acres, and that was definitly not enough. Had an opportunity to buy the 58+- acres, and did so. Don't think I will outgrow it, but find myself thinking about adjoining land. Boy it would be nice to have that strip of land on the other side of the creek.... Be nice to have that 15+ acre piece on south corner to the top of the hill.... etc. Here is an view: http://johnstractor.homestead.com/OurPlace.html

/ Is your acreage enough?
JohnS,
Nice spread! You were smart buying the additional acreage. Yours like the other post suggest that I should just bite the bullet and buy the land to each side of me. That will give me an additional 11.5 acres.
When it comes to land more is better according to everyones opinion.
Thanks for your reply.
-Terry