Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Silver Member

Default Re: sub compact tractor

I love my Massey GC2300- has been a diehard workhorse more me and did great tilling for me.
    GC2300, FEL, 48" box blade, 60" Kioti Aerator, First Choice RT48-04,Turfs, Markham Welding Toothbar

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by sfulwood View Post
    i'm new here and looking for advice on what sub compact tractor to buy in terms of price, value and reliability. i will be buying used and will be using it to till a 1 acre vegatable garden. Thanks in advance for any insight
    For ground engaging and a 1 acre plot you might want to go larger than a BX type. I mainly know Kubotas, and there I'd recommend a B series.
    What will be "other uses"?
    Will you need to carry a few water tanks?
    Maybe a sprayer?
    Move a few tons of dirt?
    Mow?
    If ALL you are going to do is till a 1 acre vegetable garden then hire it out.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    Autoconnect drive over MMM deck
    Autoconnect loader detachable without leaving seat
    Larger, more cushioned seat with armrests
    Higher back rest on seat
    3PH has position control vs 1/4 inching
    Foldable ROPS
    Much improved lighting
    Tilt steering
    Loader joystick control located on side fender - not loader, blocking access from right side
    Even more digitalized instrumentation
    Order any with/without loader/backhoe and add at any time
    Higher ROPS=safer
    iMatch with auto PTO hook up

I'm really unsure on how they spec out to each other, but from what I hear, they are very similar. Deere is just more comfortable.

This is just a couple things off the top of my head. And before people say it, the OP should definitely still look at the BX. He might find the monetary savings out weigh the features for him. The Deere 1 series is just a new generation of machine than the kubota BX. The BX is quite a bit older than the 1 series, and therefore a little more lacking in the features. When Kubota comes out with their new lineup of BX's, they have the possibility of taking the reigns back from Deere. Right now, the 1 series is second to none in my book though. Colors/brand preference aside - they are just really nice machines. My $.02 anyway.
    More like a nickels worth! Those are great features. I guess staying in the seat is becoming more desirable for people. Does this machine/loader come with Deeres' Q/A for the bucket and other attachments??
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by magicheater
    More like a nickels worth! Those are great features. I guess staying in the seat is becoming more desirable for people. Does this machine/loader come with Deeres' Q/A for the bucket and other attachments??
    Sure does. It is deere's QA, not the SSQA, though. I'm a member on another forum and over there it's about 10:1 of 1026r owners to everything else, so I know a whole lot about them!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7300

Quote Originally Posted by MessickFarmEqu View Post
    these guys don't build a subcompact, nor are they "mid-large".
    I meant mid size to large size, sorry if it came across as mid-to-large sized...

I'd consider these all mid size brands in the US. Much wider spread dealer networks than say TYM.

And mahindra makes a sub, and if the OP could find a reasonable deal on a smaller "compact" they'd probably have no problem with it.

I have a b7300 which is borderline between a sub and a compact, and kioti's ck20 is seems slightly smaller.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by dkizerian View Post
    I meant mid size to large size, sorry if it came across as mid-to-large sized...

I'd consider these all mid size brands in the US. Much wider spread dealer networks than say TYM.

And mahindra makes a sub, and if the OP could find a reasonable deal on a smaller "compact" they'd probably have no problem with it.

I have a b7300 which is borderline between a sub and a compact, and kioti's ck20 is seems slightly smaller.
    They do? What model?
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    8N and L3200 Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    They do? What model?
    This is their smallest tractor

Mahindra 1816 4WD HST - Mahindra Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warranty

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

I would second the mahindra as well. With the mahindra MAX dominating the market now, it only stands to reason that the MAX predecessor, the 1815 and 1816 should also be leaps and bounds above preceding tractors of all other brands. Good luck, and choose your tractor very carefully, the one you're most comfortable with.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7300

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    They do? What model?
    Max 22
    Max 25
    Max 28XL

All listed on their website under
    "Sub & Mid-compact tractors"

Tractor
    Kubota 3200HSD

I have a kubota 3200 with a 58 in Landpride tiller. It was reasonably priced and the tiller is a workhorse. It breaks sod just as good as it tills gardens. It is a mid sized compact and I would recommend it to anyone.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast