Buying Advice sub compact tractor

/ sub compact tractor #21  
Max 22
Max 25
Max 28XL

All listed on their website under
"Sub & Mid-compact tractors
"
Mahindra is falsely advertising the Max series as 'subcompact'. The Mahindra Max is a CUT.

Look up the specs of the Kubota 2630, and compare that to the Max 22 or 25. The Kubota is a CUT( Comact Utility Tractor).

EDIT: I just looked up the specs of the Mahindra 1816, and the 2216. Those also fall into the CUT range.

Mahindra does not make a Subcompact.

Last edited:
   / sub compact tractor #22  
As discussed heavily in the Mahindra /Kubota comparison thread, no one has a set in stone definition of what defines a SCUT from a CUT. My definition is if it looks like a giant lawnmower with tractor tires and a 3 PH it is likely a SCUT. So far it has been up to the manufacturers to claim the category. I dont think you can go by weight as some of the SCUT are about as heavy as low end CUT as exampled by the MF GC line that are SCUT but weight wise they are nearly as heavy as the Kubota 2xxx series which Kubotas says are CUT.

/ sub compact tractor #23  
Mahindra is falsely advertising the Max series as 'subcompact'. The Mahindra Max is a CUT.

Look up the specs of the Kubota 2630, and compare that to the Max 22 or 25. The Kubota is a CUT( Comact Utility Tractor).

EDIT: I just looked up the specs of the Mahindra 1816, and the 2216. Those also fall into the CUT range.

Mahindra does not make a Subcompact.
Perhaps it is not a SCUT in your opinion and yet they developed it to compete with and take sales away from the Kubota BX and MF GC lineup. I dont know what they are priced out as, but they wont have to be all that cheap to cut into these two series tractors that cost as much as a full CUT tractor. I think they are more in line with comparison to the CK 20 which is classed as a CUT but only weighs in a 1305 pounds and Kubota 2320 a@ 1356 is considered a CUT whereas a GC 2600 which is classed as a SCUT weighs 1433. So what criteria DO you use to determine the classification?

/ sub compact tractor #24  
Perhaps it is not a SCUT in your opinion and yet they developed it to compete with and take sales away from the Kubota BX and MF GC lineup. I dont know what they are priced out as, but they wont have to be all that cheap to cut into these two series tractors that cost as much as a full CUT tractor. I think they are more in line with comparison to the CK 20 which is classed as a CUT but only weighs in a 1305 pounds and Kubota 2320 a@ 1356 is considered a CUT whereas a GC 2600 which is classed as a SCUT weighs 1433. So what criteria DO you use to determine the classification?
Look up the specs of the tractors in question and you will understand.

Mahindra doesn't make a subcompact.

EDIT: I just looked up the specs on the Massey 1526, compare that to Mahindra's lineup. You will see that all the Mahindra (miscategorized) "subcompacts" are more comparable to it. The 1526 is a CUT.

/ sub compact tractor #25  
Look up the specs of the tractors in question and you will understand.

Mahindra doesn't make a subcompact.

EDIT: I just looked up the specs on the Massey 1526, compare that to Mahindra's lineup. You will see that all the Mahindra (miscategorized) "subcompacts" are more comparable to it. The 1526 is a CUT.

It is all a matter of perspective. No brand owns the definition of sub-compact, mid-compact, or compact.

/ sub compact tractor #26  
It is all a matter of perspective. No brand owns the definition of sub-compact, mid-compact, or compact.

I agree, most of this is BS and trivial to say the least. I would suggest a new buyer look at what fits his situation the best and not get lost in the translations between garden tractor, subcompact tractor and compact tractor.

On a more humorous note their are posters such as L Brown who have all of this figured out and claims that the subcompact is a "true tractor in its own right" whatever that means.:laughing:

I agree with Gary Fowler too, definitions are a little murky.... and meaningless.

/ sub compact tractor #27  

If you had looked up the specifications on the tractors in question, you would see that it's not a matter of perspective, it's just facts, my man.

Mahindra does not make a "subcompact"

/ sub compact tractor #28  
I agree, most of this is BS and trivial to say the least. I would suggest a new buyer look at what fits his situation the best and not get lost in the translations between garden tractor, subcompact tractor and compact tractor.

On a more humorous note their are posters such as L Brown who have all of this figured out and claims that the subcompact is a "true tractor in its own right" whatever that means.:laughing:

I agree with Gary Fowler too, definitions are a little murky.... and meaningless.
Actually, they aren't murky and do mean a lot.. Read the specs on the tractors.

To have the Mahindra, compared as a subcompact.........is like comparing an F250 to a Ford Ranger.

/ sub compact tractor #29  
Actually, they aren't murky and do mean a lot.. Read the specs on the tractors.

To have the Mahindra, compared as a subcompact.........is like comparing an F250 to a Ford Ranger.
You keep saying "read the specs" which is fine, but what specs exactly make a tractor a sub or a compact? Is it a certain hard set weight? Or a certain tire size? Or 3pt lift capability? And who decided what that is?

/ sub compact tractor #30  
You keep saying "read the specs" which is fine, but what specs exactly make a tractor a sub or a compact? Is it a certain hard set weight? Or a certain tire size? Or 3pt lift capability? And who decided what that is?
I'm not sure.

Compare the specs of the Kubota B2630 to the specs of the Max 22/25..........what do you see............almost identical tractors in every way. The B2630 is a CUT, that makes the Max 22/25 a CUT sized machine.

Mahindra is comparing their Compact Utility Tractor, to the much smaller Subcompact category. Check the specs on the Kubota BX series, the Massey GC series, The John Deere 1 series, .........you'll see the difference between the 2 categories. Look at everything.......length, width, height, tire size.....as well as the mechanical specs.

Mahindra is falsly advertising their Max series..........they don't make a subcompact tractor.