Buying Advice sub compact tractor

/ sub compact tractor #11  
I love my Massey GC2300- has been a diehard workhorse more me and did great tilling for me.

/ sub compact tractor #12  
i'm new here and looking for advice on what sub compact tractor to buy in terms of price, value and reliability. i will be buying used and will be using it to till a 1 acre vegatable garden. Thanks in advance for any insight
For ground engaging and a 1 acre plot you might want to go larger than a BX type. I mainly know Kubotas, and there I'd recommend a B series.
What will be "other uses"?
Will you need to carry a few water tanks?
Maybe a sprayer?
Move a few tons of dirt?
Mow?
If ALL you are going to do is till a 1 acre vegetable garden then hire it out.

/ sub compact tractor #13  
Autoconnect drive over MMM deck
Autoconnect loader detachable without leaving seat
Larger, more cushioned seat with armrests
Higher back rest on seat
3PH has position control vs 1/4 inching
Foldable ROPS
Much improved lighting
Tilt steering
Loader joystick control located on side fender - not loader, blocking access from right side
Even more digitalized instrumentation
Order any with/without loader/backhoe and add at any time
Higher ROPS=safer
iMatch with auto PTO hook up

I'm really unsure on how they spec out to each other, but from what I hear, they are very similar. Deere is just more comfortable.

This is just a couple things off the top of my head. And before people say it, the OP should definitely still look at the BX. He might find the monetary savings out weigh the features for him. The Deere 1 series is just a new generation of machine than the Kubota BX. The BX is quite a bit older than the 1 series, and therefore a little more lacking in the features. When Kubota comes out with their new lineup of BX's, they have the possibility of taking the reigns back from Deere. Right now, the 1 series is second to none in my book though. Colors/brand preference aside - they are just really nice machines. My $.02 anyway.
More like a nickels worth! Those are great features. I guess staying in the seat is becoming more desirable for people. Does this machine/loader come with Deeres' Q/A for the bucket and other attachments??

/ sub compact tractor #14  
magicheater said:
More like a nickels worth! Those are great features. I guess staying in the seat is becoming more desirable for people. Does this machine/loader come with Deeres' Q/A for the bucket and other attachments??

Sure does. It is Deere's QA, not the SSQA, though. I'm a member on another forum and over there it's about 10:1 of 1026r owners to everything else, so I know a whole lot about them!

/ sub compact tractor #15  
these guys don't build a subcompact, nor are they "mid-large".
I meant mid size to large size, sorry if it came across as mid-to-large sized...

I'd consider these all mid size brands in the US. Much wider spread dealer networks than say TYM.

And mahindra makes a sub, and if the OP could find a reasonable deal on a smaller "compact" they'd probably have no problem with it.

I have a b7300 which is borderline between a sub and a compact, and kioti's ck20 is seems slightly smaller.

/ sub compact tractor #16  
I meant mid size to large size, sorry if it came across as mid-to-large sized...

I'd consider these all mid size brands in the US. Much wider spread dealer networks than say TYM.

And mahindra makes a sub, and if the OP could find a reasonable deal on a smaller "compact" they'd probably have no problem with it.

I have a b7300 which is borderline between a sub and a compact, and kioti's ck20 is seems slightly smaller.
They do? What model?

/ sub compact tractor #18  
I would second the mahindra as well. With the mahindra MAX dominating the market now, it only stands to reason that the MAX predecessor, the 1815 and 1816 should also be leaps and bounds above preceding tractors of all other brands. Good luck, and choose your tractor very carefully, the one you're most comfortable with.

/ sub compact tractor #20  
I have a Kubota 3200 with a 58 in Landpride tiller. It was reasonably priced and the tiller is a workhorse. It breaks sod just as good as it tills gardens. It is a mid sized compact and I would recommend it to anyone.