Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #21  
My 4520 engine was built in the Midwest. Put together in the SE. Not Mexico. But those simple facts don't change what I was trying to say.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made
Hey guy I'm a Union Ironworker why start with the Union bashing horse #### on this site.. My question to you, will you walk on a beam 450 feet in the air for 28 bucks and hour??

Why attack a mans way of feeding his family??

Also what rediculous wages are we talking about?? I guess it's right to take advantage of a bunch of illegals and pay them nothing and pocket the rest charging the customer exactly the same as if he hired a company who employs skilled workers.

He probably doesnt mean to offend you....more like the UAW. I know skilled trade and Ironworkers are hard working guys and deserve what they make! Keep it up and thanks for doing what you do:thumbsup:

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #23  
Hey guys Im looking at the 2320, 2520, and the B series Kubota and I like a little about both brands. But If at all possible I want to try and support the most american made brand if possible. I work in the auto industry....the big 3 are my customers so I want to try and buy as much american made if possible. Looking for some insight on where each of these tractors are made, and thoughts on the US made vs maybe not US made tractors.

Unless things have changed, all of the Case, Kubota, John Deere, Ford, and New Holland tractors under 85hp have been made Japan since 1980. Also, in 2005 or there abouts, John Deere went to a tractor manufacturer in China to see about making the bigger machines there. I have the link for that someplace and when I find it, I'll post it.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #25  
So guys, what about Power-Trac. Designed and built in Tazwell, Tenessee. Maybe the only small tractor made in the US any more?

But at the end of the day the engine is a Deutz (near as I can tell German manufacture only, no US Manufacture) and the pumps and motors are probably Sauer Danfoss which again I think is German.

But, the parts are purchased from local distributors.

Carl

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #27  
So guys, what about Power-Trac. Designed and built in Tazwell, Tenessee. Maybe the only small tractor made in the US any more?

Carl

As noted in the TractorData link above, the John Deere 1023 and 1026 are now built in the US, as well as the 3520 (which surprised me, I didn't know they were building it in the US).

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #28  
Hey there newbie same here,

I read your post concerning your buying decision --kubota vs John Deere
Having had a lot of time on both brands large and small ....turf orientated and paddock use.
Decide by the versatility and power range followed by comfort and colour preference. For example if you wish to fit a back mounted attachment which machine has the torque befitting your job use, which is more correctly weighted in the front end to balance it out.
Which has the better rollover bar or other safety features.
Yes parts for a John Deere would possibly more accessible to you than Kubota parts that are only a day or two airfreight away.
Considering too of course the price !!
Just a few simple points that may influence your upcoming purchase !.
Horses for courses my friend .
.....And you americans can take patriotism a bit far at times !
Cheers from New Zealand

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #29  
As noted in the TractorData link above, the John Deere 1023 and 1026 are now built in the US, as well as the 3520 (which surprised me, I didn't know they were building it in the US).

the confusion here has been that manufacturers websites are not always 100% truthful when they make that statement. Too often a guy tightening 24 lug nuts becomes "made in the USA" after the marketing dept gets ahold of it. Ya gotta read between the lines.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #30  
I find that there are many differences in the quality of equipment including tractors. Some are built to last many years and hours of operation with little or no issues.

On the other side there are manufactures that build for less hours and of coarse more repairs.

What I often find is that those that are so proud of there product you won't find someone elses name on only the manufacturers are prouder of their work and often build a superior product.