Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #11  
It's all over the place. After taking a lot of ribbing from my Deere-loyal family when I bought a Kubota, we found out that their newest Deere was 100% made in Japan, while my Kubota was about 40% made in the US. We're all still trying to work out how to make jokes about that.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made
ok so what I found today is the BX series complete tractor is assembled in the US, the other tractor loaders, and other implements are made in the US, but tractors are made in Japan for Kubota.

All Kubota tractors are designed and engineered in Japan

All JD tractors are Designed and engineered in the US

JD 1026 is made in the US, the 2720, the 3032e is made in Japan I believe.

After looking at JD, Kubota, Mahindra, New holland tractors....the fit and finish of the Kubota and JK seem much nicer then the the others. The Kubota is very nice and really like it. The thing Im not sure about on the Kubota is the forward/reverse peddle and that you have to engage clutch for the PTO on the 2920/3200/3300SU tractors. I like the PTO engagement of the JD the best, the seat and armrest postion with the loader for the 1026 feels amazing. But im not interested in the 1026 so it doesnt matter. Overall I like the B3300SU of all tractors the best. Fit and finish and quality seems much nicer then the JD3032e.

Regarding most US made.....all mid compacts are not made in the US by any manufacture. What is true is that atleast the JD tractors are engineered and designed on American soil.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #13  
To me the question is wrong. Now I operate a 4520 which is largely American. But more important is who designed it and set the standards. You can build anything anywhere so what matters is the specs.

One John Deere fellow pointed out to me that all John Deeres are designed by John Deere Engineers and all factories that build Deere material are held to high standards of John Deere...period. So really a moot point.

Kubota, which I used to own, a 3710, was a great tractor, built in Japan mostly and it reflected their culture. I am a bit big so I found there stuff a bit small and occassionally a bit toy like...but a great tractor. There problem is their monetary policies which lead to realatively high costs for what you get.

I get a bit tickled when people try to make the color green expensive. I got my 4520 at a substantially lower price than the comparably sized Kubota...and that being while I owned a Kubota:)

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #14  
nothing is 100 percent american made. Parts for everything is made all over the place. My deere was "assembled" in the us. same thing for ford and dodge. thank the union and there bs for that. Nobody wants to pay their rediculous wages. not even me

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made
To me the question is wrong. Now I operate a 4520 which is largely American. But more important is who designed it and set the standards. You can build anything anywhere so what matters is the specs.

One John Deere fellow pointed out to me that all John Deeres are designed by John Deere Engineers and all factories that build Deere material are held to high standards of John Deere...period. So really a moot point.

Kubota, which I used to own, a 3710, was a great tractor, built in Japan mostly and it reflected their culture. I am a bit big so I found there stuff a bit small and occassionally a bit toy like...but a great tractor. There problem is their monetary policies which lead to realatively high costs for what you get.

I get a bit tickled when people try to make the color green expensive. I got my 4520 at a substantially lower price than the comparably sized Kubota...and that being while I owned a Kubota:)

couldnt agree more.....where it is engineered/designed, and where the manufacturing specs are set are more important then where it is manufactured.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #16  
All Kubota tractors are designed and engineered in Japan.

not totally true. Kubota has an engineernig center in Torrance CA and Gainsville GA. The turf products, RTV, etc have heavy American design influance because we are the primary market for that units and production for them is here anyway.
All JD tractors are Designed and engineered in the US
except for the all the stuff thats built by 3rd partys, Yanmar, etc.
JD 1026 is made in the US, the 2720, the 3032e is made in Japan I believe.
All Deere compacts are done in Japan, and their tires are bolted on here. Including the 1026.
The thing Im not sure about on the Kubota is the forward/reverse peddle and that you have to engage clutch for the PTO on the 2920/3200/3300SU tractors.

there is some preference here, but many people (myself included) prefer having a clutch on the PTO to feather in implements that are heavy loads. Some of the big tractors have some hydraulic cushion, but the smaller ones tend to slam pretty hard.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #17  
All Deere compacts are done in Japan, and their tires are bolted on here. Including the 1026.

Absolutely and totally incorrect. The 2x20 Series is the only CUT series left that is built in Japan. (by Yanmar) The 3005/4005 are also complete Yanmar.

The new 1 Series, 3E & 3x20 Series have Yanmar engines but are not built in Japan. The 1 and 3E Series also now have John Deere transmissions. The 4x20 machines have Deere PowerTech engines (yes, made in Mexico)

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #18  
Hey guys Im looking at the 2320, 2520, and the B series Kubota and I like a little about both brands. But If at all possible I want to try and support the most american made brand if possible. I work in the auto industry....the big 3 are my customers so I want to try and buy as much american made if possible. Looking for some insight on where each of these tractors are made, and thoughts on the US made vs maybe not US made tractors.

Kubota: made in Japan, shipped partially assembled in crates to the regional distributor in the USA where final assembly occurs (install wheels, ROPS, FEL, etc). I see flatbed semis with loads of crated Kubota's motoring up I5 all the time.

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #19  
I did this same research three years ago....JD was all global w/yanmar engines. New Holland-same. Kubota, basically Japanese.
Soooo, with this info I started looking at QUALITY.
My neighbor had a JD 43** for sale. PLASTIC hood (cracked all to heck), Plastic fenders, 3 PT hitch stabilizer link "dog-ears" cast as ONE PIECE with the differental housing. THIS IS WHAT STOPPED ME FROM BUYING IT. One dog-ear was broken, I went to the JD dealer about repairing it. CAN'T be repaired. The replacement ONE PIECE housing was $1800, the labor would be $1700.....$3500 to replace a cast iron link attachment with another of the same.
I looked at (and bought) a L-3010 Kubota. STEEL hood/fenders. The sway bar links attach to a BOLT-on iron plate that bolts AROUND the axle housing and is the base of the roll bar (OK, the ROPE)
Anyway, after 2 1/2 years and 60 hours I LOVE it......starts right up, pulls, lifts, drags much more than it should (IMO)
Another thing that swayed my opinion is that the state of Florida has purchased an entire fleet of Kubota's to maintain their highways. I know they usually award contracts to the lowest bidder but they also look for items that should LAST the longest since they have to justify their expenses at the taxpayer level. I'm SOOOO glad that I did not buy that JD. :thumbsup:

/ Going to buy a tractor....Between Kubota and JD....which one is more american made #20  
nothing is 100 percent american made. Parts for everything is made all over the place. My deere was "assembled" in the us. same thing for ford and dodge. thank the union and there bs for that. Nobody wants to pay their rediculous wages. not even me

Hey guy I'm a Union Ironworker why start with the Union bashing horse #### on this site.. My question to you, will you walk on a beam 450 feet in the air for 28 bucks and hour??

Why attack a mans way of feeding his family??

Also what rediculous wages are we talking about?? I guess it's right to take advantage of a bunch of illegals and pay them nothing and pocket the rest charging the customer exactly the same as if he hired a company who employs skilled workers.