Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #21  
*******!! My advanced functions don't seem to work. Can't even delete posts!!
Help. ....anyone? Using iPhone.

Terry

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #22  
Rebooted. Nope] Terry

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1
I searched for truck mounted forklifts and I see what you are saying. I see those on the back of Lowes and Home Depot delivery trucks. Don't worry about the pics. But with these I have to wonder how they don't tip over if I were to pick a 2100 lb load off a truck? ok, looking at some specs, the rated load is at 24" load center. To me that means that it can pick up 5000# only if the total load is less than 48" tall. My typical load is 8', or 96". I predict tippage with these, but I love all the ideas. Plenty of things I either didn't know existed or didn't think about!

For a skid steer I looked at some specs and I would once again need a very large one. 80HP range in order to lift that weight, but it's still an option on the table.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #24  
I searched for truck mounted forklifts and I see what you are saying. I see those on the back of Lowes and Home Depot delivery trucks. Don't worry about the pics. But with these I have to wonder how they don't tip over if I were to pick a 2100 lb load off a truck? ok, looking at some specs, the rated load is at 24" load center. To me that means that it can pick up 5000# only if the total load is less than 48" tall. My typical load is 8', or 96". I predict tippage with these, but I love all the ideas. Plenty of things I either didn't know existed or didn't think about! For a skid steer I looked at some specs and I would once again need a very large one. 80HP range in order to lift that weight, but it's still an option on the table.

24" load center means the load is rated 24" from your mast. So typically midpoint on 48" forks.
The machines are very stable as the two drive wheels have a stance (width) of 8 feet. When traveling your palletized load would be inside the area of these wheels.
The only possible downside for you would be you are limited to travel through through gates and other openings with a 9 foot width

View attachment 436506

Terry

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #25  
I should also add for clarification you would be able to pick up your rated load off a truck deck with forks extended by putting down your stabilizers. This is the (Workers Comp/OSHA) mandated safety recommendation. Our machines are all counter weighted and we don't bother using them for our 3500# loads. It's unnecessarily time consuming especially when you're on the side of a road with traffic. Sorry. I guess this ended up being a long winded explanation to say that you would have no problem for your application. Terry

image-2119950589.jpg

Last edited:
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #26  
Also. Whatever you buy remember to travel down your steep driveway BACKWARD. ie machine ahead of your load to avoid tipping. Steep driveways==machine empty or loaded, forks face uphill. Terry image-2356261370.jpg image-1352475714.jpg

image-3039853545.jpg

Last edited:
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #27  
the way you go on about your hill. it sounds kinda dangerous. as in a fire truck would not be able to go and down the hill.

do you have enough land around the driveway, were you could get say a dozer in there, and bring in dirt from surrounding area. and get a better longer hill that does not have as a steep incline. along with such a major difference in sudden grade change?

there are some major areas around here on back dirt roads. and you see flat road, then suddenly it just drops off going straight down a hill side. (old strip mining ground)

=============
it been bothering for a little bit folks been asking about "grade" and/or slope hills are... get you a clear plastic bottle of water. fill it half way full of water. get on a hill and set it down on ground and take picture. there is your slope of how much the water slants in bottle vs edge of bottle.

slope via water bottle or bucket.png

everyone has a different pucker factor, of how much the squeeze and suck the seat up into there rear, when ya get into some hilly / ugly situations. and maybe you are just chickening out some due to cost of what ever you are hauling and how fragile it is. and/or you needing to keep the entire pallet of stuff strapped to something, so it does not fall over / packaging comes undone.

my goal is not to push you past your limits. but rather... a bad attempt of trying to get more info out of you. maybe pictures or details of slope / grade / angle or your hill/s

=============
is there a loading / unloading dock area? were a truck could back up. and use a generic pallet lift? no machine all hand operated / pulling / pushing of a cheaper pallet lift / mover on concrete.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #28  
Pics still won't load for me. Can't delete post either. Sorry. ] Terry image-1210490142.jpg

image-4163562393.jpg

Attachments

• image-2409568377.jpg
    image-2409568377.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 54
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #29  
I would hate to go bouncing down the driveway with an 8 foot tall shrink wrapped pallet. I have unloaded pallets for flowers bakery before. The pallets are much like yours, and they get wobbly on pavement.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #30  
] Terry. Picture posting still hooped :(

Attachments

• image-2588964208.jpg
    image-2588964208.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 61