Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #41  
You call it a telehandler . . . But it looks like a lull with the multiple steer/drive capability (worm/all wheel steer/4wd etc.)
These are telescopic handlers which originated in England.
Lull is a make which was manufactured by JLG and has been discontinued I think.

There are prob 20 or 30 different manufacturers of this type of machine.

Terry

Last edited:
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #42  

Terry
I wonder how many make a compact telehandler like my Bobcat V417?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is one from an image search That is really small (compact). :thumbsup:

Manitou BT420

attachment.php

Attachments

• P3180020c.jpg
    P3180020c.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 444
  • P8030009.JPG
    P8030009.JPG
    837.4 KB · Views: 477
  • Manitou BT420 Evolution 4m Tele Handler (5).JPG
    Manitou BT420 Evolution 4m Tele Handler (5).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,052
   / Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #43  

Terry

I've used several "lulls" of different sizes. Nice units especially like the small red models that allow great flexibility. In this area of the country I know no one who calls them telehandlers including the commercial rental businesses.

But there is no magic answer . . Because this type of unit is not cheap in purchase price whether new or used. And of course a unit capable of a 2500 lb pallet load is one thing . . And a unit capable of that size load that can extend out 10 or 15 feet is a much larger unit. Point is . . Extension dustance is not max load extension distance.

I loved using the smaller red units especially because of their manueverability in tighter areas but just like any leveraged extended lifting activity . . . tip over or tip forward at extensions is a definite issue for payload weights.

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1
So to follow up on this thread, I've now sold the tractor with snowblower and the forklift and bought a Bobcat S250 (75hp kubota diesel) with snowblower and heat/ac in the cab. It's rated for 2500lbs which is half of what it would take to tip forward, so it's a safety rating. Initial impressions - this will serve me for quite a while. I've offloaded 2 pallets of bottles already and have had no problem. I'm sure the V417 would have been even better, but I can't afford that. The S250 has the selectable joystick control, which means it's more tractor-like with the lift able to be controlled all with the right hand and then the drive with the left, no foot pedals other than engine speed (which can be also be controlled with a slider just like the tractor). The unit has "snail mode" which lets me very smoothly creep up to the pallet, lift and then slowly back up. Very steady. At idle, it can lift the pallets no problem but with a little rpm the lift is smoother.

Thanks for all the input!

/ Looking to consolidate forklift and tractor into 1 #45  
Good, congratulations, now we need pictures. :D