Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #1  

MexTex

Tractor
Scag Tiger Cat
I am in the market for a used L3200 HST FEL 4x4 or a new L3301 HST FEL 4x4 Kubota tractor. I have been searching for a used tractor for a while now and the prices I am finding seem to be just about the price the owner paid for the tractor during the year it was purchased new (according to tractor data or old forum threads). Kubota has some great financing deals going on right now and I feel like at the end of the 0% APR for 7 years, based on what I have been seeing, I will be able to sell the tractor for about what I paid originally. Is there some truth to this? I found a 2011 L3200 HST FEL 4x4 250 HRS for $15,900 - new price $17,000.

Thanks for your help in advance.

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #2  
Personally I'd buy a new L2501. It's a little lower on HP, but it's the same engine, just detuned a little to get under 25 HP for emissions reasons.

Personally, I don't know why anyone would buy a 1-5 year old tractor for almost new prices versus buying new. I'd have to see a discount of at least 20% to consider a used machine. That said, $15,900 doesn't sound crazy for that tractor. If you could get him down to 15, and you have the cash, it might be a good way to go. But, the financing from Kubota is tempting.

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #3  
Just recently had the same thoughts regarding new vs used. Asking prices for used stuff was too close to new, so it was not difficult for me to justify a new L3301. Future resell value, while not to be completely dismissed, was not a big factor to me. Keep in mind that the asking price on a used tractor compared to what it will actually bring are two different things as well. Used stuff typically has little to no warranty either.

Yes, Kubota financing plans are attractive. And, I too, took advantage of them. But understand there is no free lunch. 0% financing is not free. Kubota will get some money somewhere: Some small doc fees, less discounts on longer terms, down payments for longer terms, even KTAC if you chose it. But I still felt the package my dealer sold me was a such good deal, and the fact that I plunked down about 25% in cash, Kubotas plan was too good to pass up. Also, buying used from a private party might prove difficult if you need to borrow money.

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #4  
Yeah, look into the new L2501. It actually has a larger engine than the L3200 and is a bit of a sleeper.

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #5  
Better deals are out there for those with cash. Wait till after Thanksgiving. That L3200 should sell for a lot less. 15k is top dollar.

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST
Just got a quote from a local dealer:

L2501 HST 4x4

R4 Tires / LA525FL Loader / RCF 2060 5' Shredder / Armstrong BB05 Box Blade - minus rebates and tax included

$20,033.77 (out the door)

L3301 HST 4x4 (Same Setup)

$23,929.54 (out the door)

Kubota insurance was not included above, the total quoted was $2,154.28 - 84 months of insurance paid up front ($25.65 month)

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #7  
I was in the same situation earlier this year and decided to buy new. I also took advantage of the Kubota financing. Probably no right answer, but having a warranty really was the deciding factor.

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #8  
Talking from experience; high hours on a tractor drop the used price fast. I still have my 2011 vintage BX for sale (1500 hours), nobody wants it at any price.

Ron

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #9  
....I found a 2011 L3200 HST FEL 4x4 250 HRS for $15,900...
I would buy this vs. the L2501 or 3301. Test out the 3 point hitch, raise it very, very slowly with an implement on and see if it jerks the tractor all over the place. If you can live with it, I would rather have the older stuff vs. the emission stuff (@ $4k savings). :2cents:

/ Buying New VS Buying Used: Kubota L3200 HST FEL or current L3301 HST #10  
I would buy this vs. the L2501 or 3301. Test out the 3 point hitch, raise it very, very slowly with an implement on and see if it jerks the tractor all over the place. If you can live with it, I would rather have the older stuff vs. the emission stuff (@ $4k savings). :2cents:

The L2501 doesn't have emissions controls like the L3301.What I have read the L2501 is underrated(HP) and a very popular model at this time.The small L's are true work horses;we have two in the family.