Best tractor in the 30 hp range

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Best tractor in the 30 hp range #1  

tomfifield

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 3400
I am looking for quality and price, what ones do you recormend? I will be getting a loader on it.

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #2  
Welcome to the forum.
What is "30 hp range" ????????

I would say, or ask, for a lot more information before touching this with a 10' pole. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hopefully you have used the search feature and have been reading up on the thousands of posts made on this or similar questions and answers.

For all of us, 'best' is something different. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am looking for quality and price, what ones do you recormend? I will be getting a loader on it. )</font>

You realize this is like asking "what's the best vehicle for driving on a road and I will be getting air conditioning."

You would get answers anywhere from a sports car to a pick up truck to a tractor with a cab.

You really need to think out what you plan to do with the machine, who are your local dealers and how good are they, which tractors of that size fit your butt the best, and what other attachments you are likely to be using.

Look through the history of this forum and think about the questions and answers provided for previous querys, then post your question again providing a bot more information would be my advice.

Cliff

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am looking for quality and price, what ones do you recormend? I will be getting a loader on it. )</font>

I also think you need to give us more information. But overall I think the New Holland TC30 is about the most competitive 30 hp tractor out there. It is built to compete and is a pretty durable tractor. But dealer is more important. So I would drive around some and kick the tires. John Deere and Kubota along with others make good 30 hp tractors. Find a good dealer then find a tractor.

murph

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #6  
Tom you are asking such a loaded question that it is impossible to answer what BEST is until you tell us what jobs you are going to do, and to what extent you are going to do the jobs.

For example, if mowing or tilling are going to be done extensively, then I would look at a light tractor to avoid rutting the lawn and compacting the soil. My choice would be a small light machine.

If pushing trees over is a big task for you then I'd want a big heavy tractor. Same is true if I wanted to do extensive box blade work, big and heavy.

Now if I had a mixture of both, then a middle weight, mid-size machine would fit the bill nicely.

Some might argue with the examples below, but these are my thoughts:
Mowing -HST transmission + small & light
Tilling - HST transmission + light
Blade work (box or grader) - heavy
Post hole digging - no difference
Snow blowing - no difference
FEL work - HST transmission + balance is more important than sheer weight, often but not always, heavier tractors have more capacity, so the question comes to HOW MUCH capacity do you need.
Spreader/spray - no difference, but if it is on the lawn, then I'd favor light

So figure out your tasks, then find the tractor that has characteristics that are going to fit. If this is your first tractor, I would stick with a brand in your area and find a dealer with a good reputation. I'd also suggest paying extra for a hydrostatic transmission.

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #7  
just a quick opinion of what i have. I love my NH TC30 with loader, 4x4, hydro and r4's

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #8  
The "only" tractor you should buy is a CK30. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #9  
As others have stated, it would be better if you described your situation (acreage, intended uses) and your abilities (can you turn a wrench and feel comfortable doing it?). I do see (in your profile) that you have 21 acres. Do you intend to clear all of that land? How much of it do you intend to improve?

After that...personally, I like the Deere 790 for it's simplicity and robust design. This is a gear tractor which may, or may not be preferable to you. Gear transmissions are cheaper then Hydros and that results in a lower initial price.
However, the 790 might be too small (as would the NH TC-30, Kubota B2910 or equivalents). The next step up would be the 40 HP Deere 990 (again, a gear transmission).

I always suggest new owners look to the "Big Three" (Deere, New Holland or Kubota) since those companies have well established sales and service networks. The other, lesser known brands may not have the support you'll need. Since you have also posted in the Kubota forum, it appears that may be the direction you intend to go.

Mostly, the selection will depend upon your intended uses. For 21 acres, you might want to look at a larger machine...even if you go used.

/ Best tractor in the 30 hp range #10  
Hello Tom, went through the same process as you 6 months ago.. You really need to establish what your main uses for the tractor will be. If you want a light nimble tractor to be used for mostly light landscaping or mowing, the B3030 Kubota is probably your best bet.. Its a very dependable,smooth tractor. If you plan on doing heavier landscaping work, boxblade ,loader, grading work, look into the Kioti Ck30. Very stong dependable tractor with all the bells and whistles .. The John Deere 3120 is also a very nice tractor but your going to pay alot more for the same performance.. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.