Where to get weld on hooks?

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #21  
R-enforcing the top lip of your "LA304 loader with 2" X 2" X 3/8" angle" Is going to be not strong enough go with 2x2x1/4" and the 1/4" plate underneath is not a bad idea either.
Steve
Kubota B7800
In my area of the country 3/8" is 50% thicker than 1/4" (2/8")!:confused2::confused2:

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #23  
Absolutely weld some C-channel to the bucket top to stiffen, I did and there is no way my loader is capable of exerting enough force to bend my bucket top now.

Joel

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #24  
I put some on my tractor and they are very usedfull when moving things around, on my profile i have a few pics you can see how i put mine on

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #25  
Check out this site BXpanded.com they have a very different approach to a hook system. Pricey but well worth it.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #26  
McMaster Carr has them, mcmaster.com. However I welded regular grab hooks to my bucket thinking that maybe the holes might be helpful at sometime in the future. I ran a rod through the holes before I welded them fully so that the holes were in line with each other, then some multi-pass beads to form a good fillet.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #27  
i used harbor freight 3/8" (reg) hooks and cut the loops off the end.

works fine for me :thumbsup:

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #28  
I put some on my tractor and they are very usedfull when moving things around, on my profile i have a few pics you can see how i put mine on
Now that re-enforcing looks quite substantial. Nice job!:thumbsup:

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #29  
I took the easy way out and bought heavy duty 3/8 clevis grab hooks. ground a flat spot on the back of the hook and welded to the bucket. works great. that was my only alternative as I live at the end of the world and we don't have any sort of farm supply or tractor stores within 2 hours drive.:)

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #30  
When I welded my hook I simply used regular 3/8 hook and ground off the small ring (or eye) and ground the back a bit to flatten it then welded it to my bucket.

About 10 years on it now and no troubles.

Oh. and I welded the hook to about a 3 X 4 X 1/4 flat and then that flat to the bucket as I wanted to spread the strain around a bit.