Where to get weld on hooks?

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #11  
Or you can just cut down the hardware store clevis or round hole hooks..Thats how Ive always done it. Maybe before the invented the weld on ones.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #12  
I have never noticed them at TSC do you have a cat #?

My local tractor store has them but he's not a TSC store just a tractor dealer. Like Bedlam said, You could buy the grab hooks with the eye and just cut them flat so you could weld them on. I've done that before.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #13  
I have allways ordered them from awdirect, I get the 3/8 weld hooks, they are gr70 and forged they also already come with a chamfer for welding. I also weld a 1/4 min thick plate to the bucket before attaching the hook.

/ Where to get weld on hooks?
Thanks for the help with this. I am going to check 1 local place to see if they stock them. If not I will order them online in the 3/8 flavor.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #17  
Agri-Supply has them too, that's where I ordered mine from. I went ahead and got the 3/8" grab hook since it will work with 5/16" and 3/8" chain. If you get the 5/16" size, obviously you'll never get a 3/8" chain in it. I don't ever plan on stressing it to the point that something will bend or break. Then again, I guess no one ever plans on bending or breaking something! :D

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #18  
You might want to consider adding a receiver hitch to the center of your bucket with a hook on top and two more, one on either side of the bucket. Seeing that you will be reinforcing the top lip and welding on the pelican hooks adding receiver hitch is very useful for many attachments. I use mine all the time.
R-enforcing the top lip of your "LA304 loader with 2" X 2" X 3/8" angle" Is going to be not strong enough go with 2x2x1/4" and the 1/4" plate underneath is not a bad idea either.

[URL=http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/radly53/?action=view&current=P3091361.jpg][/URL] [URL=http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/radly53/?action=view&current=P3081354.jpg][/URL]

Steve
Kubota B7800

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #19  
I will second the receiver hitch. I put 3 hooks on mine. One on each end and one in the center. The only place I have found weld on hooks was online and at a little mom and pop hardware store.

Hard to see the hooks but there is one on each corner and one on top of the hitch.

Chris

Attachments

• IMAG0264.JPG
    IMAG0264.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 387
   / Where to get weld on hooks? #20  
Hard to see the hooks but there is one on each corner and one on top of the hitch.

Chris

It appears the bucket where the receiver is bent down somewhat, is that caused from use of the hitch?