Where to get weld on hooks?

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #41  
One thing I noticed was every one was welding the hooks to middle and several inches in from ends of the buckets.

I have done much better I took an OLD class 4/5 receiver hitch off of a junk wrecked pickup. cut off the frame brackets and welded the receiver hitch to the bucket center. (you can buy the receiver tubes at many places in stead of the receiver hitch off a truck too)

I can put any 2" coupler into the bucket center and welded in 3/8 HF cheapish forged hooks (saw cut off at angle the chain loop holder part like others) warmed it up a bit & put them on at an angle at very edge of the bucket. and tilted slightly in as well. no mater what YA pull from the edge seems to not be center so tilted some and angled some so chains will pull straight out of the hook. I used 7018 3/16 rods burnt in real well... :)

I have 5 of the receiver tubes 12" to weld in some day soon, and will be making a graple hookup using them so I can add other items at will...

Mark M

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #42  
One thing I noticed was every one was welding the hooks to middle and several inches in from ends of the buckets.

I have done much better I took an OLD class 4/5 receiver hitch off of a junk wrecked pickup. cut off the frame brackets and welded the receiver hitch to the bucket center. (you can buy the receiver tubes at many places in stead of the receiver hitch off a truck too)

I can put any 2" coupler into the bucket center and welded in 3/8 HF cheapish forged hooks (saw cut off at angle the chain loop holder part like others) warmed it up a bit & put them on at an angle at very edge of the bucket. and tilted slightly in as well. no mater what YA pull from the edge seems to not be center so tilted some and angled some so chains will pull straight out of the hook. I used 7018 3/16 rods burnt in real well... :)

I have 5 of the receiver tubes 12" to weld in some day soon, and will be making a graple hookup using them so I can add other items at will...

Mark M
We need pictures!:thumbsup: