Thoughts on Ford 861

/ Thoughts on Ford 861
temp gauge and buld is an assy. can't replace them individually. at least not the mechanical ones. keep an eye on that thrust play. it should have 0 ideally. if it hit 1/16 i'd pull the pto..

is she on 12v?

Yep 12v now, but wondering if the fuel gauge is still 6v... At any rate when you hook the sender to the gauge, it buries the needle all the way left.

/ Thoughts on Ford 861 #22  
Lots of good info Soundguy, you've done enough of those old Fords, you could probably do one in your sleep.:laughing: I remembered the point gap and plug gap, but didn't know the firing order is different than the old IH and Case tractors. Neighbor had an SC Case and he could take four fingers on the plugs when it was running and kill it dead, hurt just to watch him do that.

/ Thoughts on Ford 861
OK, parts on order. Some from Wegners and some from Tractor Parts Express. The picture of Wegners aftermarket manifold looked dead on. We will see. Soundguy mentioned that all "new" manifolds are the same thing now, fitting the 801 series better than the 800 series. I will post back and let you know how it goes.
Chris

/ Thoughts on Ford 861 #24  
yep.. the universal fit will likely be easier on t he larger 01's etc.

/ Thoughts on Ford 861 #25  
Just picked up a used one for my 861 today. Snapped clean off at the elbow flange mount :( :(

/ Thoughts on Ford 861 #26  
ouch!

/ Thoughts on Ford 861
Just picked up a used one for my 861 today. Snapped clean off at the elbow flange mount :( :(
That's where mine came apart also! Except it was "helped" by a hammer...:eek:

/ Thoughts on Ford 861 #28  
oh my.

was it one of those trying to tap on something.. glanced off and then the hammer hit the most expensive thing near it? usualy what happens to me.

I dmage a 400$ hood panel trying to pry out a 50 cent clip.. :)

/ Thoughts on Ford 861
temp gauge and buld is an assy. can't replace them individually. at least not the mechanical ones. keep an eye on that thrust play. it should have 0 ideally. if it hit 1/16 i'd pull the pto..

is she on 12v?

Was going to order parts for the PTO bearing replacement and saw there were two shaft seal sleeves on tractor parts express. My parts book is at the lake 300 miles away.

TPE shows 310087 and 9N73538 sleeves. Cheap enough to get both, but can anyone look in their parts book to see which shaft sleeve I need? Thanks! Chris

/ Thoughts on Ford 861 #30  
i doubt it's the one with a 9n number.. :) the other number is a later sequence..