SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #41  
orgt said:
Anyway, as I mentioned to David, for now the BX size machines aren't an option for us
Have You looked really really taken a real close look at the BX1500?
It's quite a bit smaller than the other BX Models yet not really that much larger than the garden tractors we've been talking about. If you can take one of the garden tractors 2000 miles with you when you move you can take a BX1500 just as easily.
If I were in your shoes the solution is the BX1500 - it's a no brainier.
----->>
......>>>

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #42  
orgt -

Where in Western, MD are you located?

MT372HERE -

I know what you mean. I've got that setup with the 60" deck.

LBrown59

Have you tried machinefinder.com to see if there are any suitable GTs in your area? It's Deere specific but some dealers list other makes also.

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list
JohnSinVA said:
orgt -

Where in Western, MD are you located?

West of Hagerstown, I just mapped it out and you're only about 65 miles away. Why, what's on your mind?

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list
LBrown59 said:
Have You looked really really taken a real close look at the BX1500? It's quite a bit smaller than the other BX Models yet not really that much larger than the garden tractors we've been talking about. If you can take one of the garden tractors 2000 miles with you when you move you can take a BX1500 just as easily.
If I were in your shoes the solution is the BX1500 - it's a no brainier.
----->>
......>>>

The dimensions between these models are nearly identical, the BX1500 is only 42 pounds lighter than the BX1850 and 100 pounds lighter than the BX2350. It IS a wonderful SCUT though no doubt about it. I guess if I found one that's been well treated and is in my price range I wouldn't spit on it LOL.

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #45  
orgt said:
1* The dimensions between these models are nearly identical, the BX1500 is only 42 pounds lighter than the BX1850 and 100 pounds lighter than the BX2350.
2* I guess if I found one that's been well treated and is in my price range I wouldn't spit on it LOL.
=========
1*The hood is shorter and the tires are smaller on the Bx1500 than they are on my BX23.
Also when seated on both of them I feel closer to the ground on the BX1500 than I do on my BX23.
To me a BX1500 feels much closer to the size of something like a JD 445/455 than it does to my BX23.
2*BX1500 includes the mower $6050.
I checked out used JD 445 and 455 models on machine finder.
Used 455s were considerably more than $6050.
Used 445s were to close to the $6050.
Looks like $6050 is going to be hard to beat new or used.--->>

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #46  
LBrown59 said:
=========
1*The hood is shorter and the tires are smaller on the Bx1500 than they are on my BX23.
Also when seated on both of them I feel closer to the ground on the BX1500 than I do on my BX23.
To me a BX1500 feels much closer to the size of something like a JD 445/455 than it does to my BX23.
2*BX1500 includes the mower $6050.
I checked out used JD 445 and 455 models on machine finder.
Used 455s were considerably more than $6050.
Used 445s were to close to the $6050.
Looks like $6050 is going to be hard to beat new or used.--->>

The only thing I didnt like about the JD was the reverse pedal was a little odd...

But I did alot of loader work so I was reversing ALOT more than the average person EVER would.

Into the pile, back out, in..out...

Reversed fine..but was a little odd.

Try one..you'll like it!

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #47  
LBrown59 said:
========= Looks like $6050 is going to be hard to beat new or used.--->>

A week ago I got a quote for a bx1850 + mower for $9k. All I need to do is cut grass so the bx1500 sounds like a perfect fit. I called my local dealer and he just sad:

1) If you can find one, it'll be over a year and a half old - they've not made them for that long and any you find will have been kicking around a dealers lot for a year plus.

2) Even if you do find one, the bx1500 olnly has a two cyl engine which is a real concern. I asked if it would be a problem for cutting grass, and he said not really but it's something to avoid.

If I could find a bx1500 for $6k, I'd buy it today - are they generally available?

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #48  
GaryS said:
If I could find a bx1500 for $6k, I'd buy it today - are they generally available?

And the second dealer I just spoke with said they'd just sold thier last one two weeks ago but it went for $8k. Where did you see a bx1500+mower for $6k?

/ SHAFT GARDEN TRACTORS, short list #49  
GaryS said:
1*the bx1500 only has a two cyl engine which is a real concern.
2*he said not really but it's something to avoid.
3*Where did you see a bx1500+mower for $6k?

1* Lot's of people on this board have the BX1500 and that don't seem to be a concern for them-so what's the problem?
When I bought my BX23 I looked at my neighbors BX1500 and He really liked his BX1500.
2*Why is it so critical to avoid it? Of all the post on this and 3 other tractor boards I've never seen this concern noted about the BX1500.
3* At a dealer in MD. Boy I could kick myself for not buying it!
I'm going to talk to my local dealer and see what he can do for me.
A while back he offered me a BX1500 tiller and front blade for 8500. I didn't price the mower on that deal because i was using an MTD to mow with.The MTD Blew up so my situation / needs have changed