Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #81  
Oleozz said:
I went to buy a tractor last spring they would not drop in price one bit because as I was told, "JD is King in this area." I am now driving a Kioti and so far have been pleased with it.;)

Obviously areas are different. I had the exact opposite experience. The JD and Kubota dealerships were cut throat on pricing and there are several within a 25 mile radius. Within a 50 mile radius there is only one Kioti dealer left. He was unwilling to even begin to negotiate on either Kioti he had in stock and he has no shop to speak of. I have ten times the work area he has and probably the same in tools. In my area JD and Kubota are definitely "King", but they also are the most competitive on prices and by far have superior parts and service departments. I'd bet that in a 50 mile radius of me there is likely over 10,000 John Deere and Kubota units in service and likely less than 10 to 20 Kioti units in service.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #82  
I guess I better move to Indiana so I can be "dressed" in green again.:rolleyes:

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #83  
Forgot to mention it Dargo but I thought I found the tuit you lost. It turned out to be square instead of round, was lying down in the hollow in a small stream that runs through our property. I'm guessing the racoons might have dropped it in a mad rush to get into my corn patch.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #84  
Sounds like the dealer stuff is extremely local. In my area JD absolutely dominates the ag market (over 75% of the tractors, I think) and has close to 1/2 of the homeowner market, yet they are very reasonable and even competitive on pricing. Kubota has a good share of homeowner market but less than 3% (guesstimate) of ag market, despite several good dealers around. In fact the only Kubotas I've seen used for ag around here are all at one xmas tree farm, even though the best local Kubota dealer stocks their models up to M105S. Actually NH, IH and Agco pretty much have the rest of the ag market that JD doesn't have. Local pricing is quite reasonable on JD and Kubota, not as good on others. Only one Kioti dealer in the area; reasonable pricing, but not confidence inspiring. Wish there was a confidence inspiring Kioti dealer as I'd be really tempted to get a DK65 cab.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #85  
If your still considering the Kubota m7040 jump on it. I'm looking for a similar size tractor and after seeing the price you got. I contacted the local Kubota dealer in Dallas, Pa. C. H. Waltz Sons. For the same tractor and loader it was over $34,000. That's with the optional brush guard and set of hydralic hookups. When I mentioned that I saw if for less than $29,000 on this site they said the tractor costs over $28 alone. When I asked if they were quoting me list price there was a pause so it looks like that's what I was quoted. They said that's the best price they can give so it looks like I'll take my business elseware.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #86  
Oleozz said:
Forgot to mention it Dargo but I thought I found the tuit you lost. It turned out to be square instead of round, was lying down in the hollow in a small stream that runs through our property. I'm guessing the racoons might have dropped it in a mad rush to get into my corn patch.

Dang it man!! :mad: You coulda saved me a ton of grief from my wife! Oh well, the search continues...

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #87  
Z-Michigan said:
Sounds like the dealer stuff is extremely local.

I think you are very correct there. As old threads here will show, I went to the Kioti dealer with every intention of buying. You will also see that at that time I was extremely displeased with my local Kubota dealer. As it turned out, the Kioti dealer plain and simple was going to rip my head off and hand it to me price wise. He even went as far as "splaining" to me how he had to make a good profit on each unit since he didn't sell very many. Honestly not what I wanted to hear. Besides, he kept trying to move me to a Branson tractor. I didn't want a Branson tractor! As a matter of fact, wherever that thread is will show a Branson tractor on it's side in the middle of the street. The Kioti dealer had one of his employees trying to run a Branson tractor around to show me anyway and the employee got hit from behind by a minivan. He didn't have the seatbelt on and sustained a serious leg injury. Still, he never would get reasonable on a Kioti and I just was not interested in a Branson. Nothing against them, but I flat out didn't want one. Have you ever had somebody try to sell you something you didn't come to buy and just keep hammering on what you had no interest in? Heck, Kioti ought to pull his Kioti franchise. But, if they did, there would be no Kioti dealers at all even remotely close to me. I have a feeling that is why he is still a dealer...as far as I know.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #88  
Z-Michigan said:
Sounds like the dealer stuff is extremely local.
That's certainly true around here. In Eastern Taxachusetts, Kubota rules. Everyone and his brother has to have one. It is the rich Yuppie landowner's status symbol. Kubota has made several people very, very wealthy around here! Where was I a mere 20-25 years ago when no one knew the name??? :rolleyes: Now the local couple that started out repairing and selling lawnmowers are multi-millionaires thanks to Kubota.

Anyway, Kubota literally chased JD right out of town. To buy lime green now, you've got to drive quite a ways away... or up into New Hampshire. Same with blue... a long drive. Kioti is making some inroads they say. M-F is failing miserably against Kubota except maybe for the little 2310 models here and there. I see them here and there. Challenger sales are non-existant. Mahindra has several new dealers now... a few of them former JD dealers. New TYM dealer... a former M-F + Kioti dealer who lost his Kioti franchise to a bigger operation on the south coast... appears to be struggling.

Dougster

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #89  
Dargo said:
Have you ever had somebody try to sell you something you didn't come to buy and just keep hammering on what you had no interest in?

Yes, that's precisely why I own a Dodge Ram/Cummins rather than a Chevy 3/4 ton / Duramax. The Chevy dealer didn't want to sell us a diesel and spent 20 minutes bsing about how a 1/2 ton would work fine and any vehicle could pull any trailer (his words). I don't think any 1/2 ton is safe pulling a 10,000 lb gooseneck horse trailer, regardless what Toyota Tundra ads may claim.

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #90  
MtnViewRanch said:
Mine goes slow enough for what I do, but I agree that it would be nice to have a belly pan on it. I think that there are a couple of 7520 owners that have talked about making their own. I faintly remember someone saying that they had fabricated a 4 piece one out of 3/8. Maybe I should start another project and make one myself. No, I best finish what has already been started.;)

Later
Mine has loaded Ags and w BH on as well will push extremely hard. When tree toppling and stumping, you really want to have low wheel speed to limit the revolutions that they slip. 1MPH wheel speed digs 3 times as deep as 1/3MPH would while you play with loader controls, brakes, diff lock, etc. Also, full relief hyd pressure load combined with full traction push will stall 1st gear on mine. Such circumstance puts about 17K# on the ground and pump load will bring the engine down. With creeper it would not. And Ive bought the metal for a 3/8" X 3 X 8' belly plate. But too much going on to actually do it now. Like u say - finish start is a sequence.
larry