Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S
RedDog said:
FEL seems really slow Maybe tractor's rpms were slow.

I still would like to know why James is not considering JD, Massey, and NH.

Well the John Deere's seem pretty pricey for the same class machine, I considered New Holland, set on several, I don't care for the loud rattly engine the TN60 I drove had. A TN70 or TN75 would be a better fit to the tractors I'm considering, but I didn't get to test drive one. I WILL before I buy a tractor. I haven't gotten an official quote, but I believe they will be on the high side. One dealer I went to sold Kubota and New Holland, and he said the New Holland would be several thousand more for the same spec tractor of a Kubota. I haven't ruled them out though. In fact I've found some used TN75's that I could afford and thought about looking at them.

I honestly just have not looked at Massey. I will pull their website up and take a look now. It seems a lot of the tractors I see on the Local Massey dealers lot is old school layout and design. Great tractors, just not much inovation going on in them. Maybe my local dealer doesn't stock the up-to-date stuff, just good old iron work horses.

Any recommendations on which Massey to look at? Maybe I should have been more open in my post about considering other tractors. I was trying to get specific feedback on the tractors I liked and was considering. I'm still open for other suggestions.

James

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #62  
Massey 5400 series is what I would look at if I were looking today. Very nice tractors.

Good luck:)

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #63  
The old tech Massey Ferguson's are the 400 and 500 series. You need to look at the 5400s as was said above and the new 3600s.

MF 5400 Series

MF 3600 Series

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #64  
xxxsandman said:
Well 17gpm or not the NEW 7520 tractor I demoed had a slow loader, at least compared to the kubota. I timed it and it was close to 7 seconds at full throttle to lift all the way. That doesn't sound bad on paper, but for some reason it seemed slow. The loader speed was painfully slow at idle or low engine speed. Of course all loaders are slower at lower engine speeds, but the 7520 seemed much slower. Honestly I would expect more from a tractor with a 17gpm pump, the 11gpm pump tractors was as fast or faster.

Is the cylinders that much bigger then everyone elses on the 7520's loader?
Or is there some kind of design flaw in the hose sizing, valve selection or routing that is causing a flow restriction, not allowing that nice 17gpm pump to show it stuff?

Keep in mind before you start chopping at my comments, I don't have a dog in this fight, just looking for one. And Dougster i read that entire thread about 7520 loader speeds, pump output, etc, it was painfully long and drawn out.
My 7520 lifts 11' in 5.0s after eliminating air leaks. The lift cyls are 3". I agree that lift seems slow at idle, but it may be more of a perception in proportion to its full reach capability. At comfortable working speed of 1750, hyd delivery is about 11gpm -- an 8s lift of up to 2 tons to 11'. The 11GPM tractors must have smaller cylinders hence less capacity.
larry

Last edited:
   / Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #65  
RedDog said:
FEL seems really slow Maybe tractor's rpms were slow.
Opps... ya got me Red! :( Please accept my apology. I had missed his personal assessment on which you were commenting. My bad.

Dougster

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #66  
xxxsandman said:
And Dougster i read that entire thread about 7520 loader speeds, pump output, etc, it was painfully long and drawn out.
It was... :eek: ... but with a happy ending for all involved once that air leakage issue was found to be the cause of some owner's pain.

Dougster

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #67  
Dougster said:
He would have found out that some 7520 machines had air leaks on the hydraulic pump suction side. Once fixed, the 7520s and ML275 loaders worked exactly as spec'd out...
Dougster

Thanks Dougster, my point exactly. Quality control in India.....and yes India is a "third world country".

Last edited:
   / Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #68  
tydp said:
Thanks Dougster, my point exaclty. Quality control in India.....and yes India is a "third world contry".
Yep... and the largest producer of agricultural tractors in the entire world.

Let me only add that I hope your computer job doesn't end up being done out of that hideous, backwards "third world country" like my old design engineering job currently is.

Enjoy your Kubotas! :)

Dougster

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S #69  
Not yet but their working on it....also putting Chinese and Mexican parts in our air conditioners (I work for a manufacturer). We had to pay Dell extra to get "blue ribbon support" so when we call them to get a part or help with a problem we get to talk to someone in Round Rock, Texas (home of one of their plants) instead of the Dell Call Center located in, you guessed it, India. We couldn't even understand most of those folks! Have a nice day. Can we consider this match a draw? Take care....

/ Comparing Mahindra 7520, Kubot M7040, Kioti DK65S
SPYDERLK said:
My 7520 lifts 11' in 5.0s after eliminating air leaks. The lift cyls are 3". I agree that lift seems slow at idle, but it may be more of a perception in proportion to its full reach capability. At comfortable working speed of 1750, hyd delivery is about 11gpm -- an 8s lift of up to 2 tons to 11'. The 11GPM tractors must have smaller cylinders hence less capacity.
larry

So is Mahindra still shipping tractors with air leaks on the hydraulics?

Surely as wide spread of a problem this seems to be, they have addressed the air leak problem.

I wonder though, because the BRAND NEW fresh on the lot less then 2 days old Mahindra 7520 I test drove, wasn't as fast as yours by a long shot at 7 seconds. I realize 2 seconds doesn't sound like much, but it is if your waiting on it.