In your worst dreams.....

/ In your worst dreams..... #11  
Willl said:
My worst times were bailing hay during my hay fever attacks.

Self inflicted torture.

I would have to agree with this, that is my worst tractor experience. My worst seat experience though is on an Owatana 80 swather. Cutting hay with tons of pollen and dust coming up into the open operator station (hay fever was never so bad.), 100+ degrees out and sitting next to the air cooled Wisconsin motor that would blow hot air on you if the breeze was right, (which was a lot of the time.) I remember my nose running, sneezing about non stop, eyes burning and feeling that super heated air from the engine blowing on me making me hotter than the 100 degree day already was.

I have never felt so miserable in my entire life since.

/ In your worst dreams..... #12  
Baling straw with chaff blowing all over me, 100 and some out and my allergies were acting up. That was on the wagon so does that count?

/ In your worst dreams..... #13  
Hey Charlie 175, notice my user name?

/ In your worst dreams..... #14  
It has rained every other day or so since around June 1. A couple weeks ago, it was almost dried up enough so I could brushog and on one of my passes I noticed that I had chopped up a big old snapping turtle on the previous pass. I didnt even see the shell, just the tail and a rear leg was all that remained. Funny thing was ,I never noticed the it when I hit it with the JD 4120 / 6ft rhino. A few years ago with my old Ford 2000, I chopped up a woodchuck, and that nearly stalled the tractor when it went through the 5 ft bush hog squealer. I only brushhog my own land so there are not usually too many "suprises".

/ In your worst dreams..... #15  
Nothing to compare with some of the stories on here yet. my worst days are when I get stuck in the mud in a wet area. With the 4 - 6 evenings of rain a week we keep getting this summer, this area just won't dry out. Of course I keep trying to get in there anyway to finish some work I started. Get stuck every time. Fortunately always with the FEL and BH attached so it's just a slow raise her up and put something under the tires then backout process. Sometimes with several repeats.

/ In your worst dreams..... #16  
Getting a D4 CAT (rental unit) stuck in a swampy area. Thought I'd never get it out because it was bottomed out. Not something you just hook a chain to and pull it out. Literally took years off my life.

/ In your worst dreams..... #18  
After a good day grading I stopped by the boat ramp to wash the tractor. It popped out of gear and I ended up having a bath. Cost me just under a grand to fix it myself. :( Took me a year to even talk about that day.

/ In your worst dreams..... #19  
6thgpSF said:
Hey Charlie 175
Shot out, check you PM's

I guess one of the days that took a few years off of me was several years ago I was heading to a field to disk, I had to travel down a busy 2 lane highway that had a narrow bridge at one point with a blind curve before it. Running dual wheels with a 18' drop wing disk (10' in travel mode) didn't leave me much room on the road. I was nervous coming up to the bridge as it didn't have any room on the side so I would be running over into the other lane pretty good, I juiced it wide open and about 3/4 way across a tractor trailer rounded the curve ahead and my heart stopped as he locked up his brakes but I knew he couldn't stop in time. It was a blur at the end of the bridge as I yanked it off the side of the road just in time as the truck went blaring by. I think I bent the throttle arm trying to get more speed out of the old AC and I never went that way again without a lead truck. I was very lucky that day for sure.
Ominous was that a few years later the guy I had worked for was killed when a truck hit his tractor.

/ In your worst dreams..... #20  
My worst is really just a fond memory. It has to do with being 16 years old and being the guy on the hay trailer hooked to the bailer which was hooked to a N8. The N8 was driven by a great old guy who had just one bad tendency. For some reason he would always shift gears at just the time my skinny self (6', 145lb) had an 80 lb. bail lifted up to arms length to place as the top cap on the load. More than once the lurch of the tractor had me wobbling like a weeble but I never did fall down. Boy those were the days!

Once I propped a dead snake in strike position up on the last bail . Held it's mouth open with a piece of straw...you should have seen the reaction from the guy who grabbed that bail!

Last edited: