In your worst dreams.....

/ In your worst dreams.....
Glowplug said:
So are you saying that you can get a manicured cut clean enough to satisfy that customer with a rotary cutter?!?

Yep! They cut under and along fences with their own "in house" labor. We cut the open fields. By keeping the blades in decent shape on a batwing, we get a fairly decent finish cut. Good enough for horse pastures anyway.

/ In your worst dreams..... #42  
Farmwithjunk said:
Yep! They cut under and along fences with their own "in house" labor. We cut the open fields. By keeping the blades in decent shape on a batwing, we get a fairly decent finish cut. Good enough for horse pastures anyway.

I have GOT to trade in my 10' Rhino cutter and get me a Bush Hog 2515 or 2715 batwing!:D ;)

/ In your worst dreams..... #45  
I spray drainage district ditch banks. Tall grass and rag weed hinders visibility. I am careful but stuff happens. I run over stones or stumps and into washouts. I like driving the tractor but it isn't aways fun. Gets the heart going about everyday.
Renovator

/ In your worst dreams..... #46  
I liked the Youtube video.
The worst one I pulled getting stuck was with a Cat D6C. Buried over the top of the tracks. That took 2 days and several chunks of tree trunks before it finally came out. By the time we finally got it out I was seriously thinking it would be there until the next summer.

FWJ, you better watch telling stories like that. We might all start thinking you are an old softy under that gruff exterior.;)

/ In your worst dreams..... #47  
I couldnt resist replying to this even though its an old post. Im a new member this week and I'm loving TBN, reading the older posts.

I was mowing our trails last month and stirred up a yellow jacket nest....I found out by getting stung on the tip of my lip! My kids laughed at me for 2 days til the swelling went down!!

Needless to say, some diesel and a flame was my revenge.....

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 180
   / In your worst dreams..... #48  
My worst time in a tractor seat was this summer.

My brand new 100 HP tractor with a cab and AC spent three months in and out of the shop while the bone headed mechanics couldn't figure out what was wrong. It was under warranty and I was threatened more than once about trying to fix it myself by them. It turns out I was right the whole time. It was just a 30 dollar lift pump but they still refuse to accept that and are trying to make me pay for the repairs now. That isn't going to happen.
I think I have more mechanical experience in my little finger then everyone of the mechanics in that shop together.

Meanwhile, several times, I had to borrow my neighbors tractors. Neither have a cab, neither have AC and both are about half the HP I have. I spent many years doing all my farmwork on antique farmalls and even with real horsepower so I am not some whimp complaining about nothing. I just thought I was done with all of that cooking in the sun and all when I forked out all that cash for the new tractor.

I should have just built a cab with AC for my old super C and kept it instead of selling it to get this new piece of junk! :mad:

I still have an old super M that is completely taken apart. I never finished restoring it for lack of time. It's about to come back in my shop to be finished. It will have a nice cab and AC when I'm done too!

/ In your worst dreams..... #49  
Ive had several bad days on equipment. Blowing a line on the neck of a scraper thats been running hard for 4 hours is one of the ones. Especially one of the elevator lines thats on a 10000 psi hydrostat. And then having to change that line that the ****** at John Deere put all the hoses and fittings on the bottom of that the valve body when the top was also free. Also when you take an hour telling the mechanic 2 hours that you have to break the elevator chains to put it back on the sprockets and that they are timed as well. Another fun one on a D5B Cat I was runnin when I first went to work with Dad at the landfill. we had a stump hole in one of the slopes that our water diversions ran. Dad wanted me to get some more experience and cover up the saplings and sand in the hole. We knew water had run down the stump hole and had a wet spot in the hollow. I was pusing and carring about a 4 foot lift and got cocky and let my lift get a bit thin. I was watching that next wad of sapplings when I felt a bad feeling the back of the 5 went down drawbar 2 feet under the mud. I got dad and he looked at me and looked at my new 50 foot chain that had come in the rubbish the day before. I was around a corner and had no way to cable to the scraper, so dad told me to take the chain to the truck and cut it into6 foot peices. He had come back from having 5 bypasses and wasnt allowed to pick up anything over 10 pounds. When I got back he gave me a shovel and a chainsaw and told me what trees to get. then I dug out the drawbar and he told me to loop the chain around the ends of the log. and slide the link in between the spread pads on the track then back up. then repeat. 5 logs under me I wasjacked up and out of the mud. I laid in the back of the truck on the way home pouring ice water on myself.
My friendat the rental store called one day to bring my steam cleane and my cherry sented super degreaser. He hit a large skunk with a bushhog and new tractor.

/ In your worst dreams..... #50  
I couldnt resist replying to this even though its an old post. Im a new member this week and I'm loving TBN, reading the older posts.

I was mowing our trails last month and stirred up a yellow jacket nest....I found out by getting stung on the tip of my lip! My kids laughed at me for 2 days til the swelling went down!!

Needless to say, some diesel and a flame was my revenge.....

Boy, that picture brings back old memories. Back when I was in high school me and a couple of buddies went hunting early fall. We came across a small cave. One guy stuck his head in the entrance of the cave. Something stung him on his upper lip and he looked about the same. We had to head to the hospital because he was allergic to stings.