Kubota costing more than Deere

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #21  
I respectfully disagree with you.

1. John Deere is an American Company out in Wisconsin. They also have a very large factory there and one on the east coast that puts together the 100 Series tractors. They do have factory's all over the world, but a lot of them deal with the demand for tractors in that country.

Ok Ford pick up trucks instead of Chevy. Personally I love the 2009 Dodge Ram truck. They made some nice improvements to it.

Actually, Deere is based in Moline IL, but you are right that the garden tractors are made in Horicon WI

As far as the rest it isn't that simple

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #22  
I think most just assume Deere cost more

Why they certainly aren't any better or worth more than New Holland or Kubota, And at least around here the dealers leave much top be desired. In the early years of compacts, the Deere machines were clearly inferior to Ford and Kubota and it has left a bad taste in many people's minds.

Andy

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #23  
That price spread is almost what I found 4 years ago at the 43 hp level. At local dealers, the JD 4120 was $1000 less than the Kubota GL4330, and outspec'd the Kubota by a bit in most categories. Guess which one I bought? If I was to go with a foreign job, It would have to give me a significant cost advantage like brands such as Mahindra, Koiti, or Nortrac may actually do. The fact that JD gets a lot of parts overseas bothers me a bit, but thats what it takes to stay cost competitive these days.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #24  
One other thing is that all the JD dealerships here only carry a handful of tractors on the lot, the Kubota dealerships had twice if not three times more, something else that was helpful in a purchase was actually sitting on and driving the actual tractor i was interested in.

All this being said, I started out wanting green, and one day I'll own one, just not today.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #25  
One more thing to add, when you think of John Deere, it is like the heartland of America. It goes with Chevy trucks and apple pie. Quality American products (regardless if some parts are made elsewhere).

Times change and so does quality. It's not just where the parts are made, it's what they're made of. This has been compared before.

"...but I also prefer the metal hood & fenders of the Kubotas to the plastic/fiberglass of the JD..."

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/95320-jd-3320-vs-kubota-l3240.html

I'd rather eat an apple pie made from fuji apples, than an apple pie made from those plastic apples on grandma's table!

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #26  
Times change and so does quality. It's not just where the parts are made, it's what they're made of. This has been compared before.

"...but I also prefer the metal hood & fenders of the Kubotas to the plastic/fiberglass of the JD..."

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/95320-jd-3320-vs-kubota-l3240.html

I'd rather eat an apple pie made from fuji apples, than an apple pie made from those plastic apples on grandma's table!

Wait till the paint flakes off and starts rusting, THEN tell me all about metal body parts!

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #27  
Wait till the paint flakes off and starts rusting, THEN tell me all about metal body parts!

So the truck or car you drive, is the hood and all the body panels made of plastic? If not, I guess you would prefer a plastic vehicle. What ever floats your boat. :D ;)

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #28  
I've been shopping the past month for a new tractor and priced Kubota, Kioti and JD. I found JD comparisons to the competition were actually "apples to apples" comparisons. meaning HP, PTO HP, lifting capacity etc were very close with the competitors they compared with. The other two didn't always compare apples to apples when comparing with JD. Usually the JD they chose for comparison purposes was a smaller tractor (HP and PTO HP).

I was surprised at how well the JD pricing beat all the comparable "apples to apples" competitors tractors in any particular class.

I chose a 4320 JD from the most people friendly dealer I met during the shopping I done.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #29  
Pricing of units from Kubota, Deere, New Holland, ect... have as much to do with the dealer and competition as anything else. In the past three years we have lost one Kubota and two New Holland dealers within easy driving distance from my house. You can bet your bottom dollar that the local Kubota dealer that's still in business who also sells Massey's can now quote higher prices than before due to less local competition.

I agree with the original poster that in many instances Deere is just as competitively priced as other manufacturers. I know that we all complain and moan about the outsourcing of product by Deere and other US companies to foreign entities but they are just doing what they have to to survive.

The only advise I can give folks is to research what tractor you want and then price the alternatives as much as possible. Tractor House.com can give you a good idea on pricing even though the location may be too far off from your home to justify a purchase. This gives you a starting point in price negotiations with your dealer of choice.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #30  
But you'd be somewhat wrong. Only pto powered implements care about pto hp. Drawbar pulled implements care about drawbar hp which in the world of CUT's you can pretty much just compare weight of the tractor. I'm sure JD does the same as Kubota, offers the same hp in 3 or 4 frame sizes and weight.

No I'm somewhat right. 25 hp is 25 hp, whether the tractor is big or small. The weight difference is only 500 lbs between the HST 3320 and HST 3240. That weight could easily be made up on the JD for less than the extra price of the Kubota.