Kubota costing more than Deere

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #1  

farmboy12

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140
I just did a price check to prove myself to Dad. I'm a Deere man. He's all for the next two, Kubota and NH. But he said Kubota was cheaper, and here's what I came up with:

Kubota 3240--34 engine HP, 4wd, HST~ $20,100

John Deere 3320-- 32.5 engine HP, 4wd, HST~ $18,900

Yes, the Kubota does have a 1.5HP advantage, but that's hardly any difference if any, and doesn't even have as much traction, but they are the closest comparable model. That's a $1,200 difference. Just thought I'd share.

P.S., No offense to you Kubota guys. They make a great piece of equipment, just wanted to share as I am a Deere man myself, as said.

Kyle

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #2  
I bought a Kubota back in September and was going back and forth between it and the JD. I can't recall the exact prices though they were close, it was the features that sold me. Kubota has the HST plus option and more lifting capacity. I think they've both seen several price increases over the last year and the tractor I bought was on the lot before most of them. Might be why. With JD I had to order and was paying current pricing, with Kubota the tractor was 8 months old or so and was pre increase. Or so my mind recalls.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #3  
Kyle,
I'm going to side with your father with the New Holland. Right now, New Holland is marketing their tractors very aggressively. I did a bit of shopping before I bought my NH T2310 and I did have to check with a number of NH dealers to get the right deal. It was worth it!
Superb tractor for a superb price!

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #4  
I think most just assume Deere cost more

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #5  
In this case, the Kubota is quite a bit more machine than what it is being compared to. More capacities, more hp, bigger machine, and almost 500lbs of weight difference.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #6  
I think most just assume Deere cost more

I have to agree with that statement, from what I find, most people think that.

Another thing to consider between the tractors is the actual usable HP from the PTO. Even though the Kubota has more engine power, both tractors have the same amount of PTO HP. That's one thing that bothers me about Kubota, their engines lose a lot more power through a Kubota HST than a comparable powered Deere engine does through a Deere HST.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #7  
Kioti CK35/Bobcat CT235 ~12-13k, More Weight, More loader.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #8  
I Another thing to consider between the tractors is the actual usable HP from the PTO. Even though the Kubota has more engine power, both tractors have the same amount of PTO HP. That's one thing that bothers me about Kubota, their engines lose a lot more power through a Kubota HST than a comparable powered Deere engine does through a Deere HST.

But that's a gray area. There are no hp police, there are no guidelines for how they are tested. Same goes with vehicles. For the most part, the manufacturers can manipulate the numbers. Some over, some under some are just estimates but there are to many factors to use those numbers in concrete.

I also think the prices swap back and forth with different size units.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #9  
But that's a gray area. There are no hp police, there are no guidelines for how they are tested. Same goes with vehicles. For the most part, the manufacturers can manipulate the numbers. Some over, some under some are just estimates but there are to many factors to use those numbers in concrete.

I also think the prices swap back and forth with different size units.

Could be, but it's still something that needs to be taken into consideration. I know that's a turn off to me as far as a consumer because pto hp represent the maximum usability your going to get out of a tractor as far as using implements goes. If you purchase the Kubota thinking that because the engine has more hp than your going to get more tractor when really that's not the case. You could have the same power from a Deere in a more compact package with a lower price. Now unless you would rather have that size of a tractor with that much hp than yeah, it would be more to your needs. But really if your going with that size of tractor then your better off getting something in the high 40's for hp so that you can actually have power that's comparable to the size of the tractor.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #10  
In this case, the Kubota is quite a bit more machine than what it is being compared to. More capacities, more hp, bigger machine, and almost 500lbs of weight difference.

I agree. You are not comparing apples to apples. In this case, kubota doesn't have anything to really compair. The l3400 is a little smaller, but cheaper. The l3240 is a little bigger, but a little more $$. John Deere is kinda right in the middle of these two models, with a price tag right in the middle as well.