Kubota costing more than Deere

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #11  
I get tired of hearing that John Deere is more expensive. As mentioned in this thread, there is no true side by side comparison of any of the models. All the tractors mentioned are good. I feel Kubota, New Holland, JD all make fine equipment. The Kubota engine can be found in a lot of industrial equipment. I went with John Deere because: 1) I just like the look of it 2) I felt better in the seat (better ergonomics) to me 3) I prefer the separate HST pedals 4) I have 7 John Dealers within an hour of me and only two Kubota.

You just need to drive them to see what feels best to YOU and offers the right combination of options required for your intentions.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #12  
When I was shopping around for a new tractor back in 2006 I found it VERY hard to compare apples to apples between different makes. If you think you will need a transmission with 4 more gears or a HST model it might be a better value for you even though it costs more.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #13  
But that's a gray area. There are no hp police, there are no guidelines for how they are tested. Same goes with vehicles. For the most part, the manufacturers can manipulate the numbers. Some over, some under some are just estimates but there are to many factors to use those numbers in concrete.

I also think the prices swap back and forth with different size units.

For the most part you're correct.
The numbers I believe in are those produced by the Nebraska tests. This website contains a summary of these tests

http://www.nlc.state.ne.us/epubs/U2060/S001-2008.pdf

(a large 9MB file)

Test results from this independent source (U. of Nebraska Tractor Test Lab in Lincoln, NB) are available for most of the JD models and for a few of the Kubota models.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #14  
And I believe that you are comparing maufacturers suggested list price which may be way different than the actual price that you pay for the tractor. Different dealers will offer you different deals on the same tractor. I got my Kubota L4400 for more than $4000 off the list price.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #15  
But you'd be somewhat wrong. Only pto powered implements care about pto hp. Drawbar pulled implements care about drawbar hp which in the world of CUT's you can pretty much just compare weight of the tractor. I'm sure JD does the same as Kubota, offers the same hp in 3 or 4 frame sizes and weight.

I know that's a turn off to me as far as a consumer because pto hp represent the maximum usability your going to get out of a tractor as far as using implements goes.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #16  
Even though the jd and the kubota have near the same hp, the tractors are very different in size. The Kubota is much larger than the jd.

If you parked the two side by side you will clearly see there is a big difference.

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #17  
I get tired of hearing that John Deere is more expensive. As mentioned in this thread, there is no true side by side comparison of any of the models. All the tractors mentioned are good. I feel Kubota, New Holland, JD all make fine equipment. The Kubota engine can be found in a lot of industrial equipment. I went with John Deere because: 1) I just like the look of it 2) I felt better in the seat (better ergonomics) to me 3) I prefer the separate HST pedals 4) I have 7 John Dealers within an hour of me and only two Kubota.

You just need to drive them to see what feels best to YOU and offers the right combination of options required for your intentions.

One more thing to add, when you think of John Deere, it is like the heartland of America. It goes with Chevy trucks and apple pie. Quality American products (regardless if some parts are made elsewhere).

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #18  
One more thing to add, when you think of John Deere, it is like the heartland of America. It goes with Ford trucks and apple pie. Quality American products (regardless if some parts are made elsewhere).

Fixed it for you :D

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #19  
One more thing to add, when you think of John Deere, it is like the heartland of America. It goes with Chevy trucks and apple pie. Quality American products (regardless if some parts are made elsewhere).

The deere tractors in the small sizes today come from india, china, and mexico! You only get the american name at this point! Even their relationship with the quality line up of Yanmar is coming to an end!

It pays to advertise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Kubota costing more than Deere #20  
The deere tractors in the small sizes today come from india, china, and mexico! You only get the american name at this point! Even their relationship with the quality line up of Yanmar is coming to an end!

It pays to advertise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respectfully disagree with you.

1. John Deere is an American Company out in Wisconsin. They also have a very large factory there and one on the east coast that puts together the 100 Series tractors. They do have factory's all over the world, but a lot of them deal with the demand for tractors in that country.

Ok Ford pick up trucks instead of Chevy. Personally I love the 2009 Dodge Ram truck. They made some nice improvements to it.