DK35 Finally Arrived

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #11  
Have you guys added a toolbox where the small one is on the kioti's. I'm not sure if they all have that little plastic tool box behind the seat. I was wondering if anyone added a different one or could suggest a different tool box.

Also what are some good things to keep in the tool box of the tractor. Is there anything that's a must have. Right now I got my tire repair kit just incase I get a flat.

I keep a couple of chains to each side of the seat on old towels. As I'm never that far from the house I have not worried about adding a larger tool box. In the tool box I keep stuff for changing from backhoe to 3pt hitch, small flashlight, small multi tool, crescent wrench, and couple of screw drivers. That fills it up. If I ever get a flat then I would call in a mobile tire repair truck. Did add extra lights to the ROP's, two facing forwards and two facing backwards.

Attachments

• CK35Worklight.jpg
    CK35Worklight.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 670DecemberPics 062.jpg
    670DecemberPics 062.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 103
   / DK35 Finally Arrived
Was out digging a garbage pit with the backhoe. Man it's nice, but I definitely need more time behind the backhoe.

Mouse nice lights. I don't plan on being out at night with the tractor, so I don't think I need to do the lights.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #13  
Congratulations on the new DK.
The DK 35 is a good, solid tractor.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #14  
I have just over 1000 hours on mine and it has been a fine operating unit.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #15  
Was out digging a garbage pit with the backhoe. Man it's nice, but I definitely need more time behind the backhoe.

Mouse nice lights. I don't plan on being out at night with the tractor, so I don't think I need to do the lights.

I put the lights on after the first winter. Cleaned about 3/4 mile of road several times with the FEL . Problem is when lifting a bucket full of snow the headlights are blocked by the bucket. If you ever backup at night or have to use the backhoe at night then those lights become very useful. Hopefully you don't have to go out at night and clean your driveway or road. :D
Using the backhoe will get easier, just lots of practice. :dance1:

/ DK35 Finally Arrived
Got used to the backhoe this afternoon. Man I got it running smooth now. As for the lights, I never thought of winter time and how many times I plowed at night with the 4wheeler. Hmm might have to get some lights. Can you still put the ROPS down with the lights on it. I have to put my ROPS down to get it in the barn.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived
Man I really love this tractor. I've even pushed down a little tree about 3inches thick. Heck I think i found something to get me off the computer and out of the house hehe.

Has anyone hooked up some kind of radio system to their tractor. I'm thinking about doing it, and would like to know if anyone else has, and if so how did u hook it up.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #18  
Got used to the backhoe this afternoon. Man I got it running smooth now. As for the lights, I never thought of winter time and how many times I plowed at night with the 4wheeler. Hmm might have to get some lights. Can you still put the ROPS down with the lights on it. I have to put my ROPS down to get it in the barn.

Yes you can put the ROP's down with the lights on it. Just leave a little slack at the pivot point. There a several threads on putting lights on and finding the correct electrical connection point. Just have a look for them.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #19  
Man I really love this tractor. I've even pushed down a little tree about 3inches thick. Heck I think i found something to get me off the computer and out of the house hehe.

Has anyone hooked up some kind of radio system to their tractor. I'm thinking about doing it, and would like to know if anyone else has, and if so how did u hook it up.

Tomorrow I'm out moving some wood and leveling an area for another chicken coop we hope to start building in a few weeks. Yea, I get to have some seat time. :D

If I was looking at some type of music I would consider the ear muffs with built in radio.
Having said that I am operating a piece of machinery and would use some caution in getting lost in your music and something goes wrong. I always wear ear muffs but have not considered listening to music while operating my CK35. Just my :2cents:

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #20  
Have you guys added a toolbox where the small one is on the kioti's. I'm not sure if they all have that little plastic tool box behind the seat. I was wondering if anyone added a different one or could suggest a different tool box.

Also what are some good things to keep in the tool box of the tractor. Is there anything that's a must have. Right now I got my tire repair kit just incase I get a flat.

Yup, one of the first tasks I took on after purchase. The stocker is good for little more than a glove holder. I used an old .50 ammo can. I drilled two holes in the bottom aligned with the OEM box's holes, cut a piece of old fuel line (3/8" ?) and slit the entire length to fit the bottom lip on the ammo can (for abrasion/vibration dampening), then bolted it into place. Fits perfectly between the seat and SMV sign, only slightly larger foot print than the OEM. I've attached the only file photo I could find right now (box is in upper left of pic), can take a better one if you wish.

As far as what to carry? It may be a bit of personal choice in what to carry, and may depend on how far you'll be from your support vehicle/shop. I tend to work away from both occaisionally so for me: extra pins/clips for attachments, a couple clevis, a few small wrenches (including a medium cresent), small hammer, a couple screw drivers, needle nose & slip joint pliers, extra gloves, few sets ear plugs and a small first aid kit (for bleeds mostly as I work alone with a chainsaw alot), etc????. It seems like a lot of crap and at times is a pain to get at the stuff at the bottom, but have used virtually every piece at one time or another. The ability to fix something in the field w/o dropping everything for a run to the shop/support vehicle is priceless to me..........

Oh yeah, congrats on the new toy. Sounds like you're already enjoying it.

Attachments

• 0117081113a.jpg
    0117081113a.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 128