DK35 Finally Arrived

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #21  
Good idea williekioti, and thanks to OP for asking the question. I had not thought of a larger tool box, but it would come in handy. About 40% of my tractor work will be at the farm/hunting land about an hour from home. My mom still lives there at the old farm house, so some tools available, but it would be best to have some spares on board.

I have been thinking through what I would want in a small tool box for my truck, my boat, my tractor and my 4wheeler. These items come to mind first:
Channel pliers, small hammer, duct tape, versatile screw driver, knife, wire cutting pliers, clevis, pins, clips, large and small adjustable wrench

Some of that is a repeat of your list. What else? I like the idea of a small first aid kit.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived
I never thought of an ammo can, and I have access to get some too. Right now I just put a small toolbox there, but had to remove the SMV Sign attachment, which I have on the backhoe now anyway. The ammo can will definitely hold more and allow me to keep the SMV attachment there. Thanks

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #23  
lakngulf, Duct tape, yes!! Never leave home w/o it. I do actually have some on board w/in my first aid kit. I do not like to carry an entire roll, so I take an old pill (medicine) bottle and wrap it a with several feet of the stuff around the outside (inside holds a few pairs of ear plugs), just enough to fix whatever ya need. I put w/first aid kit because it is great bandage material as well as blister protection. I actually make up several of these pill bottle tape dispensers, few for my various backbacks, saw kit, whatever.

ski21, I've got ammo cans out the wazoo. So I basically used what I had on hand, plus it's weather resistant (and lockable). I highly recommend the fuel line-isolator technique, no rattling or scuffing of paint.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #24  
Has anyone hooked up some kind of radio system to their tractor. I'm thinking about doing it, and would like to know if anyone else has, and if so how did u hook it up.
I mounted an AM/FM cassette stereo to my canopy.
I plug in the headphones when mowing and listen to music instead of tractor noise.

Attachments

• HPIM0824.JPG
    HPIM0824.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 89
   / DK35 Finally Arrived #25  
As for tools, I only need a ringspanner for the FEL bolts. You MUST check them for tightness before starting a day's work, and you will need the spanner. Use lockthread as they come loose.

/ DK35 Finally Arrived #26  
I mounted a plastic regular size tool box with a lift out tray. I did the same thing and just drilled two holes into the bottom alined with the OEM holes. I had to take off the triangle, but i just mounted that to the back edge of the tool box. It flips down and up with the lid. Then i mounted a fire extinguisher to the top of the box also. I posted a pic on here sometime ago, but i am at work and don't have those pics here. You can search my posts and see them if you want to.

Congrats on the purchase, i wish i would have bought the BH with mine, cuz i sure could use one now!