Use B3030 Value - considering sale?

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #1  

stimpee

Silver Member
Tractor
Shopping
I have a 2.5 year old B3030 that I am considering selling. I really have little idea what it might be worth. Only reason I am considering selling it is because we are moving to FL, and have enough crap to move already. The property we are moving to is much less likely to need the capability of this tractor.

Specifics:

~170 hours, R4 tires, folding ROPS, rear lamp, purchased in April 2008
403 FEL with ATI quick attach and ATI heavy duty bucket with bolt-on cutting edge
72" MMM
Ballast Box
LandPride 1572 rear blade
The tractor is in excellent mechanical and nearly excellent cosmetic condition. The only issue at the moment is that the coolant temperature gauge seems to have recently failed, and stays on cold all the time.

Tractor was used for probably 75% mowing, 20% snow removal (most of it this past winter!), and 5% misc use such as moving horse poo and carting stuff around the property.

Any thoughts? Currently located in Northeastern MD if location matters.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #2  
I have a 2.5 year old B3030 that I am considering selling.

Your price must sway a buyer looking at a new B3030 with full warranty and 0% finance offers to your used tractor with no warranty or finance offer. You'll need to price a new B3030 in your market and then take a few thousand dollars off to make yours attractive.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #3  
My guess is its not worth much. I say this because I would like to buy it and want to pay as little as possible. On the other hand, if you take what you paid and figure 15-20% less than you paid (include taxes as the new buyer will not have to pay them) and you should have a nice figure to use.

I have a 2.5 year old B3030 that I am considering selling. I really have little idea what it might be worth. Only reason I am considering selling it is because we are moving to FL, and have enough crap to move already. The property we are moving to is much less likely to need the capability of this tractor.

Specifics:

~170 hours, R4 tires, folding ROPS, rear lamp, purchased in April 2008
403 FEL with ATI quick attach and ATI heavy duty bucket with bolt-on cutting edge
72" MMM
Ballast Box
LandPride 1572 rear blade
The tractor is in excellent mechanical and nearly excellent cosmetic condition. The only issue at the moment is that the coolant temperature gauge seems to have recently failed, and stays on cold all the time.

Tractor was used for probably 75% mowing, 20% snow removal (most of it this past winter!), and 5% misc use such as moving horse poo and carting stuff around the property.

Any thoughts? Currently located in Northeastern MD if location matters.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #5  
You can check Tractorhouse.com for some pricing ideas .

Also you might want to contact Messick's in Lancaster , Pa I believe they have consignment .

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale?
Thanks for the replies guys. I am trying to get closer to a decision on this. Tough call, but it is a lot of tractor to have sitting around if I am not going to need it and would likely be better off for mowing with a zero-turn or something smaller at the new place.

Argh...

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #7  
Only reason I am considering selling it is because we are moving to FL.... the property we are moving to is much less likely to need the capability of this tractor.
OK and exactly why are you moving? :D
It would take something pretty astounding for me to want to give up my B3030.... just sayin'. Good luck w/the sale though. :)

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale?
Moving because I got a great offer for a new job, we found a beautiful place to live, that we may actually prefer over our current house/property, and we wont have to clear snow anymore. (Wife and I HATE winter with a passion).

It is just that the secondary uses I have for the tractor here in MD (snow removal, poo hauling, etc.) are semi-significant uses. Down there, I will not be doing those things, or certainly not much, so the "need" has gone way down...

I do like the tractor though!

:thumbsup:

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #9  
Well those sound like pretty good reasons (not that you really needed any, just teasin' a little :D). Hope it all works out and the '30 goes to a good home.

....and we wont have to clear snow anymore. (Wife and I HATE winter with a passion).
After the winter we had, I can't blame you. With about a 1000' lane to keep clear, I was even starting to get a little sick of the tractor. Just a little.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #10  
Let me tell you a little story:
in 2002 I had to move to Branson, Mo. to take a job in Harrison, Ar.
I came from a region of Mo. that was a lot flatter ground. I would not be mowing 7+ acres any more and Branson is all hilly and rough. I did not need my New Holland TC33DA tractor any more. I wanted to sell it quick. I paid about 19000 for it and sold it for 16500 and was glad to get it to help with the moving expenses. 6 months later in Branson I wanted a tractor so bad I could taste it. So I though I would buy a smaller, Cheaper tractor, so that is what I did. I bought a B7500DT. No hydro this time. and quite a bit smaller/less capacity. Well I missed my hydro tractor something bad. Not that the Kubota was a bad tractor. It was a good tractor. Never gave any trouble and I used it a lot. Only brush hogged a few places with it. mostly loader work. Really missed the hydro. and the wife would not drive the gear tractor. and she hated the way you set "on" a small tractor, instead of "in" a larger one. So to make a long story short, I just recently purchased a L3400HST. Much nicer, hydro works good, I am never going to own another gear tractor. Wife will drive this one. better capacity etc. The point to this is make sure you will never need that tractor again. and "I have too much crap to move as it is" YEP.. same thoughts.. by the way the guy that bought my bargain NH TC33DA with supersteer and hydro is still using it and still "loving" it. Just saying....
good luck
James
K0UA