Use B3030 Value - considering sale?

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #11  
James/K0UA:
1) I can completely appreciate where you were coming from with that story.
2) It was all part of a bigger plan to make sure you ended up with a nice orange tractor. :thumbsup: haha
-DN

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #12  
Well, I could pretend it was all a "plan" but in truth it was just the way it worked out.. Oh well I have a nice tractor now, and am busy setting it up the way I want.:thumbsup:

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #13  
Moving because I got a great offer for a new job, we found a beautiful place to live, that we may actually prefer over our current house/property, and we wont have to clear snow anymore. (Wife and I HATE winter with a passion).

It is just that the secondary uses I have for the tractor here in MD (snow removal, poo hauling, etc.) are semi-significant uses. Down there, I will not be doing those things, or certainly not much, so the "need" has gone way down...

I do like the tractor though!

:thumbsup:
Take a picture of it and get out of the snow.... :D

There's plenty of tractors out there if you miss it. Otherwise, count your blessings and follow The Word.

Sell it.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #14  
I have a 2.5 year old B3030 that I am considering selling. I really have little idea what it might be worth. Only reason I am considering selling it is because we are moving to FL, and have enough crap to move already. The property we are moving to is much less likely to need the capability of this tractor.

Specifics:

~170 hours, R4 tires, folding ROPS, rear lamp, purchased in April 2008
403 FEL with ATI quick attach and ATI heavy duty bucket with bolt-on cutting edge
72" MMM
Ballast Box
LandPride 1572 rear blade
The tractor is in excellent mechanical and nearly excellent cosmetic condition. The only issue at the moment is that the coolant temperature gauge seems to have recently failed, and stays on cold all the time.

Tractor was used for probably 75% mowing, 20% snow removal (most of it this past winter!), and 5% misc use such as moving horse poo and carting stuff around the property.

Any thoughts? Currently located in Northeastern MD if location matters.

Congratulations on your move. It will leave you tractorless for the time being but will bring I presume a much needed knowledgeable knows how to vote voter to Florida...:laughing:

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #15  
Best wishes on your move and your new home.

Selling a late model tractor, in this economy, is something that probably should be talked about more here on TBN along with all the "I just pulled the trigger on a new ...."

Tough sell sometimes because you're up against the competition of zero incentives, warranty and that "brand new excitement" of a dealer. The best you can do is run it on Tractor House and/or Craigslist and see what the market is. That's all you can do. Prepare yourself for real beat down on the price from those who do express interest in it. There will be a loss to make this move, but if it has to be done, it has to be done.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale?
May have a solution here pending.

My brother has 10 acres, heavily wooded property, with pond, trails to clear, etc. in NC. He has been wanting a tractor for a while. He also has an older (1999) Exmark LaserZ with low hours, the liquid cooled Kawi engine, and the vacuum bagger thing. We are discussing a trade + cash. He is going to sell his 1986 911 that he doesnt drive to come up with the cash. Could work out well, and keep it in the family...

Thanks for the good wishes in any case!

Hmmmm...

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #17  
Those family deals, if relations are solid, are always the best deal for all involved. No sales tax either. Shoot, I'd even let a trusted family member carry my note, if there is one. Yeah, those kinds of things have worked well for us, if the relationships are solid. It's win win.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale?
Looks like we have a deal, and I am going to drop it off on our way down to FL and pick up the Exmark!

Now, he just needs to sell his 911...

I will miss it, but not TOO much, since the eleventy billion hours I spent moving snow this winter got a bit old!

Maybe a little BX will come along in a few years for the new place.

/ Use B3030 Value - considering sale? #20  
LOL, just found this thread, now I have a large learning curve again.

Miss the Exmark already so I hope this is good.:thumbsup:

Signed Stimpee's brother