Grease Gun and a Screwdriver

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #71  
Both couplers are adjustable. Notice the "knurl" near the end.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver
kjung17 said:
Both couplers are adjustable. Notice the "knurl" near the end.

KJ,

The grease gun tip I have right now has a knurl but the jaws don't loosen. I just wanted to be sure.

~Kevin

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #73  
KJ,

The grease gun tip I have right now has a knurl but the jaws don't loosen. I just wanted to be sure.

~Kevin

Why not,? the tip screws down and the jaws are like a collet, when you unscrew the tip are the jaws smashed down or something, I cannot imagine why they would not expand and lossen up:confused3: Did you take the tip off?
and examine it?
James K0UA

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #74  
I have to admit, I'm 50, and have turned wrenches for quite a few years..........but this is news to me..............Thanks James.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #75  
I have to admit, I'm 50, and have turned wrenches for quite a few years..........but this is news to me..............Thanks James.

Your welcome Don, There have been quite a few posts here, and If I have helped anyone's life just a little bit, that pleases me greatly.

James K0UA

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #76  
This is a great example why I like this site so much. Yes, at 64, I became educated on a tool I have used most of my life too! Appreciated reading all the responses. Not all sites are as kind to each other as this site. Another reason why I appreciate this site.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #77  
James kOua -

Many thanks to you from another old-timer (now in my 72nd year) for the tip about adjusting the tip of a grease gun, which I also did not know about. If only life came with a detailed instruction manual, think of all the problems we could avoid.
Thanks again. David L.

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #78  
James kOua -

Many thanks to you from another old-timer (now in my 72nd year) for the tip about adjusting the tip of a grease gun, which I also did not know about. If only life came with a detailed instruction manual, think of all the problems we could avoid.
Thanks again. David L.

Winner winner chicken dinner! At 72, David you are the oldest so far, someone asked that question (who is the oldest) several posts ago, so I guess you have won (at least so far). Yes, what I have found, is that I am still learning new things everyday, but there are more days behind me than in front of me, and I am not sure I am going to learn it all before there are no more days. But I keep trying.. thanks for posting.

James K0UA

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #79  
Well I'm 198 years old, and I never heard of it! Yeah...198...that's the ticket! :p:laughing: What do I win?

It's funny but grease guns are one tool where it seems like everyone is supposed to know how to use them without any instruction, and most of them have no instructions. I was confused for a long time about the purpose of that plunger on the end... I finally solved all my issues by getting a pneumatic gun. That makes life a WHOLE lot easier....once you figure out how to prime it...

Thanks for the tip!

/ Grease Gun and a Screwdriver #80  
OK guys, are you sure all the tips are made to adjust? I just bought a new 12 volt Lincoln Grease Gun and it is sweet. Bought it after reading reviews on TBN. However the tip fits to loose on the zerk and the grease just squirts out around the sides of the zerk.

I took the tip off and tried my best to break it loose (somewhere?). Even put the gnarled part in a vice and had no luck. Am I missing something here? I see no place on this tip where it would seperate. Just turned 60 and never knew about this and will also admit that sometimes I'm slow on pickin things up. Aprreciate any help I can get.

Willy