Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,801  
I bought a used 4x8' utility trailer last week. It needed the wiring redone. Went to HF during the their sidewalk sale Friday, and picked up their magnetic towing light kit for a whopping $9, figuring I could use the wire and four prong plug. There was plenty of wire in the kit for what I needed. Turns out, I was also able to use the lights from the kit to replace the beat up trailer lights. Took the lights off their magnetic bases, was left with a post-mountable light for each side. Combined with some HF 1/4" wire wrap, I now have new lights, new wiring, all neatly installed on the old trailer for under 15 bucks. Quality of the stuff exceeded the money spent by a wide margin.

I'm sure I'll eventually think of something to do with the leftover boxes with the magnetic bases.

image_8060.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,802  
eventually think of something to do with the leftover boxes with the magnetic bases.
I have a couple of similar flat magnets. I stuck them on top of my fenders.

I stick the ends of my seatbelt to them when I don't wear it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,803  
I have a couple of similar flat magnets. I stuck them on top of my fenders.

I stick the ends of my seatbelt to them when I don't wear it.

And that's a good use! Thanks.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,804  
Bought a 6 ton jack stand, with a 20% coupon this weekend, total cost 31 dollars. Have not used it yet but hoping it does not suck.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,805  
Went to HF today...Got a few things. I got one of their brass (and lead) hose nozzles. Seems to work good...Also got one of their fire starters. Tested it out some. :D On a side note, my HF store will not let you look at something in the locked cabinet if you are not sure you want to buy it...:confused:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,806  
Bought a 6 ton jack stand, with a 20% coupon this weekend, total cost 31 dollars. Have not used it yet but hoping it does not suck.

I got a set of them. Seem to work good. Have not used them on a car, just mowers and such...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,807  
... On a side note, my HF store will not let you look at something in the locked cabinet if you are not sure you want to buy it...:confused:

This is their game. Just buy it and then return it on the next trip if it's not what you want. Silly that their return policy is easier to deal with than their "look at it" policy.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,808  
This is their game. Just buy it and then return it on the next trip if it's not what you want. Silly that their return policy is easier to deal with than their "look at it" policy.

It was not me...I just overheard. Needless to say, the guy quickly lost interest in the merchandise in the cabinet...

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,809  

I got a set of them. Seem to work good. Have not used them on a car, just mowers and such...
Have two pair of them here .... and have used them to hold up my 6,000+ lb Dodge Sprinter 2500 ... :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,810  

I have used these jackstands for years but will add I slide an "backup" one or two underneath if I am going to be under the vehicle to work. It's an old-timer's trick.
Point is, these things aren't supposed to fail but they do. And this is HF after all. But I would do it regardless of the maker.