Another Mini-Dozer

/ Another Mini-Dozer #81  
Kidding aside, you really fixed that little red wagon. I love the wheelie bars and the fact that it can be driven with handcuffs on.

Aside from looking like you are ridding a golf ball, the wheelie bars are really needed. It would pull the front wheels as far and as long as you dare.
Never thought about the handcuffs. Thats funny right there!

But lets get back on subject with the dozer.........

Chris

Last edited:
   / Another Mini-Dozer #82  
But lets get back on subject with the dozer.........

Chris

Nah, too late. You know what our attention span is like. I'm going to write to the mods to change the thread name (and make it a sticky).

/ Another Mini-Dozer #84  
   / Another Mini-Dozer
I don't mean to interrupt you fellers but I thougt I'd give a progress report on the mini.:) Over last weekend I got most of the sheet

metal cut and welded together (the sheet metal is 11 gauge, not 12 like I said earlier). This consisted of side panels, top & bottom

panels, battery box, chain gaurds, seat bracket with tool storage tray and dash board. Also, I finished up making the clutch levers,

tension pully linkage, and belt keepers. The last few days I've been cleaning & primering the individual parts. I sprayed Cat yellow on

a few of the smaller parts like the clutch levers and the inside of the battery box using a spray can. I hope to paint the initial coat

of yellow on the larger parts in the next few days using the compressor and spray gun.

Attachments

• Primered Body Parts.jpg
    Primered Body Parts.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,528
  • Battery Box.jpg
    Battery Box.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,344
  • Seat Bracket & Tool Tray.jpg
    Seat Bracket & Tool Tray.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,792
  • Primered Track Parts.jpg
    Primered Track Parts.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 2,246
   / Another Mini-Dozer #86  
Keep up the good work!
Can't wait to see it

/ Another Mini-Dozer #87  
That's coming together quite nicely. With 11GA body panels, it will take a lot to dent those puppies!

/ Another Mini-Dozer #88  
If its painting time then you must be getting close. Hopefully you can put it to work before the snow flies. Or does it snow where you are at?

Chris

/ Another Mini-Dozer #89  
Yeah, when the hole is only there to bolt a couple of things together, no big deal. But when it is to accommodate moving parts under loads, thousandths of an inch get huge.

I use hole saws allot in my machine shop. I get as close to the size as possible then use a reamer bring the hole to a finish diameter.

/ Another Mini-Dozer #90  
ben2go:

rawinok2:
One standard lawn mower battery will do just fine. The same one that starts the engine & powers the lights. The actuators look like they have 18 gauge wires on them so amp draw must be minimal. I purchased them from Northern Equipment but I don't recommend them to anyone.They are too slow and barely have enough power to raise and lower the box blade that I made (see photo).

have you considered used or reconditioned hydraulics?