John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #11  
I looked the 110 and just happened to glance at the M59 that was also at the dealer and personally I thought the M59 to be a quite a lot larger.

M59
8344 lbs
Net HP 57, PTO HP 46
Loader breakout force 5961 lbs
Loader Lift capacity 3968 lbs
BH digging force 7602 lbs (bucket)
BH digging force 4731 lbs (dipperstick)

7280 lbs
Net HP 41, PTO 33
Loader breakout force ???? lbs
Loader Lift capacity 2042 lbs
BH digging force 5723 lbs (bucket)
BH digging force ???? lbs (dipperstick)

* Not sure I have all the 110 numbers completely accurate.

L45
7173 lbs
Net HP 42.5, PTO HP 32
Loader breakout force 4530 lbs
Loader Lift capacity 2848 lbs
BH digging force 5825 lbs (bucket)
BH digging force 3779 lbs (dipperstick)

You're right... you don't have the 110 statistics "completely accurate". Like any statistics - you can quote them to support your position - or you can make the extra effort to ensure that you're comparing "apples to apples".

The Kubota stats for the loader's (both the M59 and L45) are measured "at the pin" - not 24" forward of the pin. Even there, the 110 is (from www.tractordata.com):
Breakout force (lift): 3,965 lbs [1798 kg]
Breakout force (bucket): 4,855 lbs [2202 kg]
Lift to full height (at pin): 2,727 lbs [1236 kg

The 110 specs out very closely with the L45 and the L48.

The weight of the 110 is ~7,800lbs with the backhoe. With optional equipment - belly pan, stabilizer shields or the 4n1 bucket, etc. - the weight will edge over the 8,000lb mark.

Physically, the 110 appears to be "bigger" than either the L45 or the L48. Alot of that difference is tires. But, not all... as the 110 weight difference with the 45-48 is about the same as the weight difference between it and the M59.

AKfish

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59
What happened to the 110 that AKfish found on the net with full hydraulics? That machine was loaded IIRC and was asking about $26k. Equipped with a rear blower it would seem to me that it could replace your current 3120 and still provide you with the tlb for your cleanup work.

It's still there, like it a lot but not going to purchase anything until spring as for the next 4 months it wouldn't make sense to purchase something new to just use it for snow plowing, unless the deal is just unbeatable - so I've been shopping around at other things so I know I get the most tractor that I need for the money.

As for the L45 I wasn't looking at it because of it coming out in ~2008 they are much more expensive than 110 and if I was going to spend the more money I would would go in the way of M59

As for a full size I've thought of that and keeping my tractor but it just wouldn't be as maneuverable in the woods as a hydrostatic transmission would offer. As jenkinsph said they are much more powerful and dig a lot deeper but I don't need "that much" power.

Has anyone any experience on an M59?

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #13  
Why not just get a full size used machine? You know a Case 580 or equivalent. No comparison of capabilities and less $$$$.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #14  
Why not just get a full size used machine? You know a Case 580 or equivalent. No comparison of capabilities and less $$$$.

You know... I agree with this line of reasoning! This past fall I had the neighbor's old JD310A here for a couple of weeks.

It's a beast! Just 2wd but it had a hyd thumb and forks and an extra hoe bucket. Over 12,000lbs and I used it to crawl around in the woods and dig out ~40 or so tree stumps out and stack 'em on the burn pile.

Workin' the hoe and thumb on that machine made the 110 seem like a Tonka toy!

Greasy muck and mud and I couldn't get that thing stuck! It's so heavy and with the hydrostatic reverser tranny it would just keep crawling... ('Course when it would just sit and spin - a little push with either the bucket or the hoe would get me movin' again.)

Buddy of mine was helping me with a new greenhouse and he liked it so much - he bought one! Picked it up for $8,500! Had about 7,900 hours but strong hydraulics and fired right up - first crank.

AKfish

Oh yah, I was wrong in my statement regarding the "physical size" of the 110 vs the 45 and 48. They're very similar. When I was buying and trying other machines - it was the L39 that I spent some time with... it seemed alot smaller but had very similar loader and hoe specs.

I was looking at something like a full size but with a full size I would keep my current and a 110/M59 I would get rid of what I have, so a 110 vs a full size would be relatively the same but a M59 would be more. I've looked at a lot of full size TLBs and they are mainly high hour machines, which I can live with but I really don't think I "need" that much machine. I will be taking up stumps and it would be nice to have the extra power but I would see more use for a 110 or M59 as I could run a lot more 3PH attachments on them than with my 3120. Plus the maneuverability through the woods on a compact would be more of what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm incorrect in this thinking? I was just looking at the size of those full size ones and they are really big for where I want to go. So I'm more looking into the compacts now, who knows may go back to the full sized.

Does anyone have any experience on a M59 or even L45? How do they compare to a 110?

Messicks, do you know if you can add OEM remotes on an M59 without them being from the factory?

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #17  
It's still there, like it a lot but not going to purchase anything until spring as for the next 4 months it wouldn't make sense to purchase something new to just use it for snow plowing, unless the deal is just unbeatable

Just my opinion, but if you have plans to work the property over in the spring and summer I would get the equipment now and make sure it was ready to go. I have watched the 110's over the years and haven't seen many for sale with all the bells and whistles. I would much prefer to buy slightly ahead of time than to settle for less than what I am looking for. Selling one tractor in order to buy another takes time too.

jenkinsph said:
Just my opinion, but if you have plans to work the property over in the spring and summer I would get the equipment now and make sure it was ready to go. I have watched the 110's over the years and haven't seen many for sale with all the bells and whistles. I would much prefer to buy slightly ahead of time than to settle for less than what I am looking for. Selling one tractor in order to buy another takes time too.

I was going to put my tractor up, whether it be craigslist or eBay and try to get a little more than what I could get from a dealer and once that's gone be ready to make a purchase

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #20  
kyle, mark
I should have said the M59 is not alot bigger physically, I agree it has more power. Understand that compared to the full sized backhoes with extendahoe the difference in size between the 110 and M59 is minor.

The OP is looking for a good used unit for his sitework and yes the 110 has been discontinued.

I thought the L45 was also discontinued. I could be wrong.