Buying Advice kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #261  
I assumed by your awesome side-by-side photo shoot featuring new looking units, and the fact that you are a tractor dealer, that you also sold the MF's.

I do think that you should be comparing the GC2610 to the Max.
Thats what Mahindra is targeting.
It's no big deal, really. The Max is a nice, comparable machine.

Use the apples with the apples.

That's what's pissing people off in the first place.
The Mahindra website compares the MAX 22 to the GC2400, which is the most comparable Massey model. http://www.mahindrausa.com/Tractors...Max-22-4WD-HST-Series-MAX-Mid-Compact-Tractor

They do not show a comparison between the MAX 25, and any Massey models.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #262  
If I had a 3% grade handy, I'd try it. :thumbsup:

It would be a totally different test. A rolling load isn't that hard to move. I'd suspect most any SCUT can move what we did, maybe not in high range 2wd.

But up a 3% grade would certainly require low range and 4wd, and I don't know at what point we would just get tire spin.

Heck, it looked to me like that full-circle pulling test you did was down-hill all the way:laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #263  
Heck, it looked to me like that full-circle pulling test you did was down-hill all the way:laughing:

That's why we had the brakes set on the Freightliner, we didn't want to get ran over. :laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #264  
That's why we had the brakes set on the Freightliner, we didn't want to get ran over. :laughing:

In all seriousness...:D....the driver in that freightliner is pretty good. To drive JUST fast enough to keep the slack out of the tow strap to make us "think" the max was actually pulling:laughing:

You know I am just messing with ya right:laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #265  
In all seriousness...:D....the driver in that freightliner is pretty good. To drive JUST fast enough to keep the slack out of the tow strap to make us "think" the max was actually pulling:laughing:

You know I am just messing with ya right:laughing:

Strap? It was a metal pole covered with an old sling strap to make it look like a strap. The truck was pushing the Max actually. We had to add the tractor on the back of the truck though so the Freightliner could get enough traction to push the Max....:cool:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #266  
Strap? It was a metal pole covered with an old sling strap to make it look like a strap. The truck was pushing the Max actually. We had to add the tractor on the back of the truck though so the Freightliner could get enough traction to push the Max....:cool:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #267  
The Kubota MAX video I posted is over 1 year old* . Which means
the MAX name was being used by Kubota LONG before that, one would
certainly assume. So who had the MAX name first? Oh boy, looks like
somethin' is messin' with woodpile here...

*Dated: Apr 28, 2011

Just to clarify, the Kubota MAX is a certified USED tractor program - tractors are reconditioned using genuine Kubota parts for resale and come with a 6 month or 500 hour warranty in Thailand.

As for the name MAX, Mahindra introduced the Mahindra Maxx (yes, with 2 "x" 's) utility vehicle in 1992. Maxx was shortened to Max to describe the Max performance, Max features, Max versatility, Max value...that the new tractor provides. The word "Max" itself cannot be copyrighted or trademarked unless combined with the product/manufacturer name - Office Max, CARMAX, Pepsi Max, Drano Max, Clear Skin Max, Chloraseptic Max, etc.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #268  
DavesTractor said:
I have had several guys come in to my dealership to see the Max for themselves based on this thread. So, if someone wants to continue the debate, it sure does not hurt Mahindra, but it does get old.

A tractor is not a spreadsheet, nor does the nomenclature of SCUT or CUT really matter. They fit people and people's needs differently. People should first of all decide to buy good quality, that is a given, and there are a number of brands that are top quality. Then consider the tasks at hand and how fast they want to accomplish them to help them get the right size. Even a small tractor will do a big job (as long as the job can be broken down into small pieces) given some patience. That sets the basic parameters. From there, find a tractor you like from a good dealer and toss the stack of brochures once you do.

For me, I like the Max 25 or Max 28XL because I want a small tractor that can handle a large mower or tiller. I have great loamy soil and no rocks, and when I till up the garden, I don't mind using a decent size tiller. Now if I did mostly loader and backhoe work, and kept my mower and tiller to a reasonable size, I'd pick the Max 22. Other than HP, you get the same tractor as the Max 25 for less money. If I had heavy loader work for a small tractor, I'd pick the Max 28XL, it lifts as much as some of the competitors 35 HP tractors. But I would first define my needs. I would not just try to buy a tractor that tops out in every column, you end up buying more tractor than needed.

I want to buy from you.

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #269  
DavesTractor said:
The CK20S would probably be more comparable to the Max 28 in size and capacities, just short on HP, but probably heavier. We do not have much Kioti competition in our particular area so I have not studied up on it. Typical of Korean vs Japanese small tractor manufacturers, the Korean unit will be heavier per HP. Generally speaking the Kioti buyers seem like a real satisfied group, so I suspect the CK20S is a nice machine.

But to more directly answer your question, I think the Max 22/25 are more aimed at the BX Kubota, the GC Massey, and the small Deere.

Any thoughts on how the Mahindra Max line stacks up to the LS products with similar HP? Also, which are the most appropriate comparison models in the Deere, Massey or McCormick lines?

Thank you very much in advance!

/ kobota bx25 vs mahindra max 25 #270  
I want to buy from you.

There are many good dealers, but I take that as a compliment and thank you!

Some of our outstanding dealers just haven't embraced the Internet much yet, so you won't see them on TBN, but they might still be an excellent place to buy a tractor.