Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,921  
Evening all ....

Been a couple of days .... but my wake up time has been limited lately .... not that I'm complaining mind you ....

Monday morning Zack The Wonder Child (neighbor's grandson) showed up looking to see what was happenin' .... so I asked him if he was available to work ...

Turns out he is off work this week and has got a week before he goes back to school and was looking for something interesting to do I guess, so yeah ....

He goes and gets the Bobcat 763 and we been flingin' dirt the last couple of days .... got almost all the topsoil moved out of the woods where we piled it when we prepped the pad for the barn, and got most of it screened ....

Should have that finished up tomorrow .... after that we'll start on the retaining wall ....

At this rate we might actually have some grass seed in before the weekend is over ....

Hope the weather holds ....

rswyan, you're a lucky man to find a youth today with a work ethic. Better take advantage while you can! I recall when getting some kids to help was a matter of sending my kids out in the neighborhood with an offer of $5 and lunch. Days long past.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,922  
81 now going to upper 80's and near 90 tomorrow, then 70's for the weekend. I'm a summer kind of guy but I'll welcome a little cooler weather.
Tried to break up a rotten stump that wasn't as rotten as I thought, needed something bigger than my GT5000 and Johnny Bucket.:D

/ Good morning!!!! #4,923  
81 now going to upper 80's and near 90 tomorrow, then 70's for the weekend. I'm a summer kind of guy but I'll welcome a little cooler weather.
Tried to break up a rotten stump that wasn't as rotten as I thought, needed something bigger than my GT5000 and Johnny Bucket.:D

There are these handy stump removal tools that are called "A-X-E" and "M-A-U-L" and "W-E-D-G-E" and most hardware and home center stores sell them. Cheap to buy, and no expensive gasoline is needed....:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #4,924  
There are these handy stump removal tools that are called "A-X-E" and "M-A-U-L" and "W-E-D-G-E" and most hardware and home center stores sell them. Cheap to buy, and no expensive gasoline is needed....:laughing:
I don't have an automatic maul and axe swinger though!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,925  
These are my morning buddies. I think I was still on my first cup of coffee, pretty sad, I know.
We are on our second day of rain, t-storms early this morning. Mid-60's.
The highs in our 10 day forecast are all below 80* after tomorrow. High summer in Maine is nearing its end and my tomatoes are green as could be.

Attachments

• mornings.jpg
    mornings.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 189
   / Good morning!!!! #4,926  
How do you use "weather rock" to predict weather. I use "weather rag" on a stick. When it moves it is windy, when it is limp it is calm, when there is water dripping from it it is raining etc. It is pretty accurate.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,927  
I don't have an automatic maul and axe swinger though!

You would be amazed at how automatic swinging them manually gets after a while...:laughing:

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    939.4 KB · Views: 95
   / Good morning!!!! #4,929  
Swinging an axe isn't new to me, but I don't plan to go back to it if I can help it.:D

I am 61 years old and still enjoy the workout it gives....for maybe 2 minutes, after that it becomes drudge labor....