Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,632  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low of 2.1C and it's presently 17.4C, fairly clear & calm.

Paddock #3 cleaned up yesterday arvo. I'm tempted to do a mowing around the property, perhaps today. It being Autumn the grass growth rate has slowed.

I'll be up earlier than usual tomorrow as I'm scheduled to receive my annual flu shot "precisely" at 0915. :D It's, sort of, a 'town clinic' being held at the local indoor sport complex.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,633  
Good evening all. 62ºF for the start, fog, and calm wind. Took awhile for fog to lift. Very light wind, partly cloudy sky, and high temp was 80ºF. Made coffee to start day, plan A was to participate in fish survey but the shock boat is broke so no survey today. Bike ride and lunch and back yard mowed. No nap :(. ICVFD golf tournament meeting at 5, got home at 6 Warmed up diner. Fell asleep typing this so hope it make some sense!
Buppies sorry about the poor sleep. prayers sent.
Bill hope energy conservation went well.
Ron sorry about the shutoff valves. Glad you used tool you made to replace cable. Sorry NASCAR disappointing. Nice pic
Drew hope good Dr visit and good luck in the veggie quest. Furnaces should receive regular maintenance.
Dennis sorry you are nervous about son back driving on his own.
Mike hope your road trip was helpful.
Drew not what Texans wanted to see after last summer.
Paul good start to the day! Test cut looks fine from here ;) Stepdaughter had similar setup after knee surgery. Nice you have big machine. Glad you made it to field and got to fly, too bad no pic of the monster. Any GS time while mowing?
Thomas hope you got stones level again.
Billy sorry about aches and pains.
Don sorry about the leaky water softener. Hope PT went well. Hope caulk touch up was not too difficult.
Scott(vt) hope day was a good one for you.
Lou quite the driveway. I hate to have to bike up that, my old one was bad enough.
Ken sorry about the mud work. Sorry to hear about flat and plug didn't work. Hate to hear how bad your dad is getting. prayers sent.
Dennis not much left of Subaru.
RNG your best defense on the Internet is do something. Hacker will often move on to other targets if barn door not wide open. Glad DR mower sold and gone :) Glad you still got some good strawberries and blueberries. Hope trip north went well.
Plowhog hope goose gets a hatchling. Good luck with you new bundle of chaos.
Billy sorry USPS failed again. Sent my tax info USPS they said arrive in 2 days, took 5 :(
Dennis glad wife headed home.
Bill good story on messing with scammers.
RS glad b-day party was a hit. Gotta work on your teaching technique ;) Sorry more repair needed. We trapped big mail was going nuts in live trap wife just turn hose on him. Took a while for him to settle down but he did, and wife loaded trap in pickup bed and hauled him off. Going to have plenty of tomatoes. Hope you had good finish to the day.
David sorry health not up for HH.
Drew 135 over 85 still pretty high.
Drew your temps went from freezing to 90 in a week :(
Buppies doe that take care of all the cancer spots now. prayers sent.
Dennis glad wife and son both made it home. Hope you got mowing at least started.
Randy(wag) glad #3 cleaned up. Hope mowing went well. Hope no issues with flu shot.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,634  
Coffee is brewing. 59° with fog this morning. Heading to 68° with mostly sunny skies. .08 rain yesterday. Never got to putting mulch. Just did not feel like getting started in morning. Then it drizzled rain rest of the day. Did pull some weeds in gardens. Today may be similar for getting things done.
Evening rest at the pond.
szXLU8P.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,635  
Good morning, the low is 43 and going to a high of 55°F. Wind E 15 mph. Showers.

Today is the monthly trip to North Bay. 8 stops should cover it, including my free lunch. One full rack of ribs coming up.

Lou, now I understand why you don't want delivery drivers up your driveway in winter. That is some steep!

When I did my medical after driving for 4 hours my blood pressure was 135/85. My other Dr. that retired asked me one day why my blood pressure was so low. Driving is supposed to be stressful. I find it relaxing.

Ron, nice shot of your ducks.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #189,636  
good morning all
woke up at 3am and wide awake, read my book, enjoying cup of coffee

I started a Word doc with a running log of my BP readings.
I have a cuff here in my office. Currently on my arm.
I've gotten as low as 125/75 last night just sitting here, and 160/90 when I apparently
have too many revs on the meter. I go up and down a lot, and have already been cleared by two different cardiologists.
Believe I have some elevated hormonal reaction, cancer of the adrenals sure didn't help that, and maybe white coat disease.
Likely just simply the result of being 40 pounds overweight.
2 20 pound sacks of sunflower seed.
one of those sacks was already there. I acquired the second one after taking steroids every day.
And I can't afford a thousand bucks a month for the fancy fat pill.

so....I guess I'll get a treadmill for the basement since I can't figure out how to fix the pump on the hot tub
might as well use that space for something

am getting a full battery of blood work later this week including AIC, plus nuclear stress test of some sort.
more tests mean more doc visits. I have great insurance, never pay anything to anyone except dentists, but
more tests means more potential red herrings.

I sat with Toppop several times and saw how awful he looked when fighting diabetes and a variety of other issues.
Being sick when you are old is no fun, and who wants to spend your last years just running to doc after doc?
My primary doc kept repeating the word choices to me. I need to make better choices. Yup.

off to go food shopping this morning, then an errand and home on a cloudy day cooler than yesterday.

Dennis, great pic of flowers.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,637  
Morning all!
Had the can't find that glitch again this morning.
Currently 52 with thunder, lightning and heavy rain.
Buppies I hope you heal up quickly!
Spent the morning pressure washing the deck yesterday. Glad I got it done as the drain holes were all plugged from winter debris.
Annual application of bug killer was applied around the outside perimeter by a company we have under contract. Hopefully rain won't wash it all away!
Did get to spend some time in the shop but nothing completed.
Heading out to breakfast with the neighbor later on and then will be working a small job at the apartment. Need to do a small job here as well and then down to the woodshop. Wife is off to her now bi-monthly job today.
Endoscopy is scheduled for Thursday. Hopefully good results will put me on the 3 year plan.
That's it for now.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,638  
same glitch here too Phil
must be earthquakes in California?...

prayers to the families of the four police officers killed in Charlotte NC trying to do their job getting
very bad dangerous people off the street.
I wonder if more protective equipment would have helped.
I hope the city of Charlotte takes good care of these officer's families.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,639  
49Cloudy mid 50's for high rain arriving late afternoon.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...8 hours at part store afterwards :unsure:

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,640  
60 going to 86. Hit 89.6 yesterday. Normal is low 70s.

Scott, hotter up here than down in Florida where you are.

Buppies, hope you got some sleep last night and not hurting too bad today.

Drinking a newly roasted coffee today...one I plan to submit to a contest in California for judging. Never tried that before, but will be fun to get some feedback. I'm not satisfied with its taste...might roast another pound differently before I submit. Had a pleasant hike yesterday...even though hot, the humidity was low.