Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1,991  
I'm living through global warming.

It's "climate change" and it has been occurring as long as the planet has existed...

If is was global and it was all warming...why is the ice in Antarctic growing and expanding?

/ Global Warming? #1,992  
It's "climate change" and it has been occurring as long as the planet has existed...

If is was global and it was all warming...why is the ice in Antarctic growing and expanding?

It's really too bad that this "global cooling" term has come about. It just confuses people and muddies up the water. I'm not sure the climate change is being brought on by people but i do know that we can and do things that cause the local environment to degrade. I think the way we use the term, environment, is too restrictive in that it should also include everything in the environment which also include financial and "environmental" welfare. We all share in the benefits of of good environment and have to take responsibility to care of our environment for our sake and our children.

/ Global Warming? #1,993  
tcreeley said:
We almost had a frost- 34, 36 earlier this week -little ice on the windshield but didn't reach the ground.
when I moved to Maine in 1984, we could not get out of August without a hard frost that was killing. As a kid in south western Mass, 15min from NY and Ct August frosts were common.
Last year it was October before we had a frost in my area. Leaves are getting some color here and there. -Not what I consider normal- I'm living through global warming. I miss the "good old days" of normal seasons and weather.

What you grew up with or experience in you lifetime is not necessarily "normal", it's just your normal over a very short period of relative time.

/ Global Warming? #1,994  
The much more important question is just WHO is trying to persuade those that are capable of seeing the bigger picture, what is their ultimate agenda and how will/can they profit from it???

just curious if you're familiar with 'Robert Essenhigh's' theory ? Google

Hmm, don't see any answere there, just another question.

Don't recall meeting this Robert fellow but If you want you can tell him it's ok to contact me for the "Reske theory"!:thumbsup:

Why does it not surprise one that you would see no answers there?

Which answer are you seeking? The meaning of life perhaps? How do you cure a natural cycle?

Just the answere to what was asked.:D

What was the question, I've actually been involved in life since then?
A demonstration of Progress Integrated over Time = 0
...If we could only cure that natural cycle ...

/ Global Warming? #1,995  
Just stumbled on this 200-page thread. I don't care so much about how we name things, or argue endlessly, but the fact is, the climate is warming, summers are getting hotter, weather weirder, Artic ice is melting more than ever, the great majority of scientists agree that the earth is warming more rapidly than it should, and folks are claiming this is all part of "nature" doing its thing? Whatever it is, it will be causing some serious problems in the not so distant future for a lot of us, and that alone should raise concerns. It would be wonderful to be wrong about all this, but I don't think I am being brainwashed by extremists.

/ Global Warming? #1,997  
The earth may still be warming, not sure if we've peaked and we won't know until months/years after the peak for sure, but the fact that we warm is not unique to now, nor is the rate of warming. Every, I mean absolutely every warming event in history has been followed by a fairly dramatic to catastrophic cooling period. So just for sh1ts and giggles, lets say this time will be as every other one in history and before and we cool after this event terminates. What if we take all these Draconian measures to slow the warming or even start the the cooling process, then we plunge into an ice age in 10 years? It's happened before, and we may make it worse by screwing with nature and natural cycles, which this is.

/ Global Warming? #1,998  
The Earth is just doing what it does naturally to unnatural events and the consequences are all around us.

Ignoring global warming with fantastic yarns and specious comparisons does little more than perpetuate the growing catastrophe that will come. The inability to comprehend the scale of global change, ideologically motivated or not, will have little or no effect on the future. The world will continue to be plundered by the selfish, predatory capitalist bassturds from the American Wall Street Crime Syndicate, Inc., oil will continue to foul the environment and air pollution from industrialized nations will continue to heat up the planet. The ruling elite is not mentally equipped to address this pressing issue. They will drive us all into the abyss.

/ Global Warming? #1,999  
The earth may still be warming, not sure if we've peaked and we won't know until months/years after the peak for sure, but the fact that we warm is not unique to now, nor is the rate of warming. Every, I mean absolutely every warming event in history has been followed by a fairly dramatic to catastrophic cooling period. So just for sh1ts and giggles, lets say this time will be as every other one in history and before and we cool after this event terminates. What if we take all these Draconian measures to slow the warming or even start the the cooling process, then we plunge into an ice age in 10 years? It's happened before, and we may make it worse by screwing with nature and natural cycles, which this is.

You seem to have just stated a belief than man can change things by "screwing with natural cycles." Good to see you coming around to reality.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.