J2030H assembly issues?

/ J2030H assembly issues? #11  
Did your tractor come from the factory , or another dealer ? From the factory these tractors arrive in crates and there is some final assy . at the dealer . The loader is another crate and is dealer assembled . Whomever did the assy. did not do a very good job . Iwould be making a phone call and might not be real polite if I didn't get some answers .

It could also be the loaders are installed at the port of entry like they do sometimes do add-ons with cars. When the word came out in this LS forum about the loose loader bolts I checked mine, tightened up a few loose ones, and moved on. Been a while since anyone has mentioned them so I assume LS addressed the problem wherever it was.

/ J2030H assembly issues?
Did your tractor come from the factory , or another dealer ? From the factory these tractors arrive in crates and there is some final assy . at the dealer . The loader is another crate and is dealer assembled . Whomever did the assy. did not do a very good job . Iwould be making a phone call and might not be real polite if I didn't get some answers .

Kevin I see your tractor is a John Deere, not sure how much info you have on LS tractors? I shopped at several dealers and I was told by the first dealer they dont do anything to these tractors. LS doesnt want their quality reputation left up to the competency of various dealers. LS tractors do not come in crates, they are fully assembled prior to going on the truck. The dealer I bought mine from said his guys double check obvious stuff, like lug nut torque, air in tires, toe in on front wheels, fluid levels etc. As for loose loaders I dont know about them, but my guess is you order it with the tractor and its assembled at the factory.

Guys saying the dealer should be catching this stuff is rediculous. Do you honestly think the dealer does a once over on all fasteners with a torque wrench? Talk about cost prohibitive, he might as well just build it himself in his shop. When certain vehicles rank higher on initial quality do you guys really believe its due to the dealer, or the plant making them? If every car on the road was sold from the same dealer, realiability would not be the same.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #13  
Kevin I see your tractor is a John Deere, not sure how much info you have on LS tractors? I shopped at several dealers and I was told by the first dealer they dont do anything to these tractors. LS doesnt want their quality reputation left up to the competency of various dealers. LS tractors do not come in crates, they are fully assembled prior to going on the truck. The dealer I bought mine from said his guys double check obvious stuff, like lug nut torque, air in tires, toe in on front wheels, fluid levels etc. As for loose loaders I dont know about them, but my guess is you order it with the tractor and its assembled at the factory.

This mirrors what my dealer told me. They called me the morning the day the truck showed up with my LS. They had several in the shop, ready for delivery the next day, and several out on the lot, by 6pm. They only had two mechanics on duty, so I don't see that much assembly going on in that amount of time. The mechanic told me he went over my tractor, checking a list of items, and that was it. In fact, they mentioned how they loved that LS delivers their tractors in an enclosed trailer, so they don't have to wash/wax them before delivery...wheels on ready to roll, is how they described it. He added "they make me feel like the Maytag repairman. I check them out, they leave, and I never see them again".

/ J2030H assembly issues? #14  
Then LS must be the only tractor company that does that. My Kubota dealer has piles of angle frames that the Kubotas are shipped in and require the dealers to shop assemble them. Maybe that is why they cost more.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #16  
Then LS must be the only tractor company that does that. My Kubota dealer has piles of angle frames that the Kubotas are shipped in and require the dealers to shop assemble them. Maybe that is why they cost more.

The same with New Holland. I was looking at tractor house this morning and they have Boomer 50's that are still pictured on a steel shipping frame no tires or the ROP isn't on either. Kinda sunny looking!

/ J2030H assembly issues? #17  
   / J2030H assembly issues? #18  
I know my Mitsubishi made Mahindra has some final assembly done in the states. Wheels and tires are added. Also the KMW American made loader is added. I've also had to retighten loader bolts so not really a brand issue as much as a routine maintenance check for all tractors.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #19  
If you think about it, this actually makes sense. When shipping a tractor from overseas, space is a big consideration, so they ship them without wheels and front end loaders. They get them here to either a distributor or the dealer and then add wheels and loaders....it's Just that different brands add those parts at different points in the supply chain.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #20  
This mirrors what my dealer told me. They called me the morning the day the truck showed up with my LS. They had several in the shop, ready for delivery the next day, and several out on the lot, by 6pm. They only had two mechanics on duty, so I don't see that much assembly going on in that amount of time. The mechanic told me he went over my tractor, checking a list of items, and that was it. In fact, they mentioned how they loved that LS delivers their tractors in an enclosed trailer, so they don't have to wash/wax them before delivery...wheels on ready to roll, is how they described it. He added "they make me feel like the Maytag repairman. I check them out, they leave, and I never see them again".

I can prove this with photos. If you google smith enterprise in Dunn NC. He has photos taken at the final assembly in the factory in NC. I think he is one of the closest dealers to the LS factory. Yes you can see the tractors are shipped in crates minus a bunch of stuff. I do not know ith the rebadged boomers are assembled there or not.