J2030H assembly issues?

/ J2030H assembly issues? #21  
This mirrors what my dealer told me. They called me the morning the day the truck showed up with my LS. They had several in the shop, ready for delivery the next day, and several out on the lot, by 6pm. They only had two mechanics on duty, so I don't see that much assembly going on in that amount of time. The mechanic told me he went over my tractor, checking a list of items, and that was it. In fact, they mentioned how they loved that LS delivers their tractors in an enclosed trailer, so they don't have to wash/wax them before delivery...wheels on ready to roll, is how they described it. He added "they make me feel like the Maytag repairman. I check them out, they leave, and I never see them again".

I can prove this with photos. If you google smith enterprise in Dunn NC. He has photos taken at the final assembly in the factory in NC. I think he is one of the closest dealers to the LS factory. Yes you can see the tractors are shipped in crates minus a bunch of stuff. I do not know if the rebadged boomers are assembled there or not.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #22  
Well, I cant speak for your 3pt hook that is missing, but I can be pretty sure your dealer possiblyadjusted the angle of your loader control for comfort, thus risking not having the bolts tight.

Quite possible for the dash screw too... Wouldnt surprise me at all if they are supposed to check things out under the dash as per their delivery inspection.

I also dont think the email response indicates anything. Honestly, thats a 'canned' response. Having been the Quality Manager at a QS9000 (think automotive ISO standards) for several years, I can tell you thats pretty much a standard initial response to any quality complaint.

I am not saying that I disagree with your course of action, by writing an email to the company, just stating my opinions on what I see.

Has the dealer provided you with a new hook for the 3pt arm? Has he provided (or replaced and tightened) your loader bolts for you?

When I ran out of fuel in my tractor last week, I sent an email to the dealer about 3pm. I had a phone call about 8:30am the next morning regarding the issue, and the service tech was at my door by 1:30pm. (and the delay from one day to the next was due to ME emailing him instead of calling) Seems to me that regardless of the issue, the dealer should be jumping all over it to make it right. I am positive my guy would have taken the hook off a tractor in his yard, and driven right out to install that, as well as the missing bolts in the control. Most likely would have happened same day.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #24  
   / J2030H assembly issues? #25  
Had to do a double take on that one....LOL....the image is reversed because the cup holder and loader control are on the wrong side!

Wow your right! I wonder if that is how the boomers are made? I don't see how the image could really be reversed like that.:confused3:

/ J2030H assembly issues? #26  
Kevin I see your tractor is a John Deere, not sure how much info you have on LS tractors? I shopped at several dealers and I was told by the first dealer they dont do anything to these tractors. LS doesnt want their quality reputation left up to the competency of various dealers. LS tractors do not come in crates, they are fully assembled prior to going on the truck. The dealer I bought mine from said his guys double check obvious stuff, like lug nut torque, air in tires, toe in on front wheels, fluid levels etc. As for loose loaders I dont know about them, but my guess is you order it with the tractor and its assembled at the factory.

Guys saying the dealer should be catching this stuff is rediculous. Do you honestly think the dealer does a once over on all fasteners with a torque wrench? Talk about cost prohibitive, he might as well just build it himself in his shop. When certain vehicles rank higher on initial quality do you guys really believe its due to the dealer, or the plant making them? If every car on the road was sold from the same dealer, realiability would not be the same.

Well excuuuuuse me . May all your bolts be loose and your nuts rusty .

/ J2030H assembly issues?
You guys are funny, the fenders are just shipped like that, they get bolted on opposite sides when they get built. I suspect it keeps the thin fender edge protected during shipping. If this side gets scratched, no big deal customer never see's it.

/ J2030H assembly issues? #28  
You guys are funny, the fenders are just shipped like that, they get bolted on opposite sides when they get built. I suspect it keeps the thin fender edge protected during shipping. If this side gets scratched, no big deal customer never see's it.

Oh oops!:p:cloud9:

/ J2030H assembly issues? #29  

I didn't even look at the lower part that obviously bolts o the tractor.....you're right, they're just reversed for shipping. I suspect it's probably more to make a narrower package, than protect edges, but that would be a nice side benefit as well.

/ J2030H assembly issues?
Well, I cant speak for your 3pt hook that is missing, but I can be pretty sure your dealer possiblyadjusted the angle of your loader control for comfort, thus risking not having the bolts tight.

Quite possible for the dash screw too... Wouldnt surprise me at all if they are supposed to check things out under the dash as per their delivery inspection.

I also dont think the email response indicates anything. Honestly, thats a 'canned' response. Having been the Quality Manager at a QS9000 (think automotive ISO standards) for several years, I can tell you thats pretty much a standard initial response to any quality complaint.

I am not saying that I disagree with your course of action, by writing an email to the company, just stating my opinions on what I see.

Has the dealer provided you with a new hook for the 3pt arm? Has he provided (or replaced and tightened) your loader bolts for you?

When I ran out of fuel in my tractor last week, I sent an email to the dealer about 3pm. I had a phone call about 8:30am the next morning regarding the issue, and the service tech was at my door by 1:30pm. (and the delay from one day to the next was due to ME emailing him instead of calling) Seems to me that regardless of the issue, the dealer should be jumping all over it to make it right. I am positive my guy would have taken the hook off a tractor in his yard, and driven right out to install that, as well as the missing bolts in the control. Most likely would have happened same day.

The 2 bolts that were loose hold the joystick assembly to the main support. They are not the ones that adjust the orientation of it. I contacted my dealer first, he said those items were not part of his inspection, but asked what he could do. I told him nothing, I would notify the factory. If my dealer was the one that screwed up, Im sure he would have jumped at the chance to fix it versus get a complaint on him to the factory. When I emailed the factory I told them I wasnt complaining, just giving them a courtesy heads up that they should look at QC. Im not expecting any reply from them. I went to the store and bought a washer and a nut, not a big deal. Im not looking for answers why this happen, Im just letting the next potential buyer know what I experienced. As for the hook, my dealer ordered me a new one.
So did the fuel gage break on your tractor?