John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec

/ John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec #11  
I wouldn't want them to grind too much off the brackets to make it fit. It should slide right in. I think I would get my money back, measure the inside of the bucket xx inches back from the edge as per instructions from the vendor and order one from any one of the sellers of tooth bars as long as they look like the JD you will likely get the same thing anyway. I seriously doubt that JD makes their own tooth bars so just buy from a supplier like Everything attachments or Farm Equipment 24-7 which is where I got the one I put on my Yanmar and it fit perfectly. You get a well made one to start with that will fit, if you give them the right measurements. Save your money for more toys.

/ John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec
well the toothbar from everything attachments weighs in at 56 lbs the some infortmation on the jd toothbar i found online says it weights in at 136lbs..... That has me concerned that i'd be forgoeing something getting the one from iowafarmequip

errrr i mean the one at everything attachments weighs 65 lbs... guess my dyslexia kicked in..

/ John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec #14  
so do you guys, bird man, oldnslo think i should just order an aftermarket one for less money built to fit? Or work with the dealer and try to get the JD one to fit? The JD one is really heavy so i dont know if perhaps it is a better quality? If so should i give them a measurement or allow them to "borrow" my bucket..? The shop manager said to me he wouldnt feel comfortable just grinding away at it without having the bucket to fit it to because he doesnt have a mill or anything and the grinding would take an inconsistent amount off.

I would work with the dealer, treat him like he is your best friend. And for what it is worth, you just learned something about "overlapping tolerances". Sometimes that can be a problem.

/ John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec #15  
well the toothbar from everything attachments weighs in at 56 lbs the some infortmation on the jd toothbar i found online says it weights in at 136lbs..... That has me concerned that i'd be forgoeing something getting the one from iowafarmequip

I should have mentioned that. The weights listed for the Iowa Farm TB I bought was obviously waaaay off. Mine (72") was probably in excess of 100lbs...I didn't weigh it, but it seemed at least as heavy as two 50lb weighs from my weight set. I don't think I saved the packing slip that came with it, but I'll look. I don't believe it only weighs the 75lbs the website says, because I had to actually get into position to lift it up when I took it out of the box.

The proof has been in the pudding, because I've been digging out huge chunks of concrete, and rocks that won't fit in my bucket, and often I can only get one or two teeth under them, and I have yet to bend a tooth...even lifting the rear tires off the ground regularly while doing this.

/ John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec #16  
When I order my W.R.Long Tooth Bar, I gave the Make and Model of my tractor, and they made the Tooth Bar 1/2" shorter to accomodate my Bucket. It fit in perfectly. Sincerely sorry to hear of your misfortune.

/ John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec #17  
Mine from farm equipment 24-7 was 100 pounds or more as it was all I could do to get it out of the truck and carry it a few feet to the FEL bucket. The ones with the replaceable pin on teeth are all built pretty much the same. I don't know how JD bars can be any heavier. Any heavier than the one I bought is not needed. I could lift the rear wheels off the ground with one tooth under a tree root and never bent or broke anything (might have warped the FEL frame a bit though). Any excessive weight just limits the amount you can pick up after a point.

Yea well the choice is to fit this OEM John Deere one or return it to them and order an aftermarket one....

I found a thread from 2007 where many people got JD toothbars that didn't fit. (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ating/102182-feedback-toothbar-61-bucket.html) Apparently this is nothing new. Thanks a lot JD.

I'm leaning towards picking up the toothbar and fitting it myself. The side plates are very thick (link says 1/2" and i believe it) and the fit isn't so far off i'm worried about weakening it. I don't want to wait for a new one and i don't want to sour any relationship i may have with my local dealer.

I wish i had known in the first place that the JD toothbar's came not fitting the application they're designed for.

Thanks a lot John Deere.

/ John Deere toothbar doesnt fit- JD says it's built to spec #19  
When I put my john tooth bar on it was really tight. I ground it and beat it in and now that I have used it so much it is a lot looser now. Just taps in now
I have really abused it and the teeth are as good as new.

Finally got it on. Took forever to grind down enough for it to fit. Haven't put the bolts in yet but heres a pic.

IMG_0346.jpg

found this other thread too: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/104986-got-my-new-markham-tooth.html

This fellow bought a JD toothbar and then apparently got rid of it because it was too heavy and overbuilt, he said. With what everyones saying i don't think it should/would be THAT much heavier..... 136 lbs i think i read.... Hope it works good.....