A new NAA project now someday a new loader

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader
Exactly...and some times it is tricky to fix the "fix"

Well i checked the elbow ...no screen.
Carb was flooding bad. So muc so the intake runner tube was full of raw fuel.
Took carb apart again checked everything (float height if the valve was working. Etc) Reinstalled carb. Fires right up and didn't flood out. Got to get the idle speed down and smothed out but over all sounds good again.
Can someone remind me. On main jet OUT to enriched. On secondary jet IN to enrichen....and idle speed screw. It is a dance with the three to an idle speed at about 600rpm right?

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #113  
600 rpm and you will be part on the main circuit.

more like 400 rpm. adjust idle air needle to max rpms. it is an air needle.. in to enrich.. out to lean.

main needle is a fuel needle.. out to enrich.. in to lean.

idle stop screw is a pure mechanical adjustment where to stop lower level of throttle travel.

Check. Thanks SG. I said jet but meant needle.
She is getting there. Ran good. Today. Managed to find the only wet spot on my property probably from a leaking underground irrigation line and stuck both my dump truck loaded with manure and the NAA while trying to unload the truck. One of those days. Decided that the next project will be to ballast the tractor.

ForumRunner_20130514_142411.jpg

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #115  
manure truck stuck eh? 'stuff' happens. ;)

Yeah this was literally a streaming pile ;)

Made up a quick ballast set up comprised of my 3pt forks, a pallet, and a filled plastic 55 gallon closed barrel. (Tried loading a pict but the app keeps crashing). It worked well and i was finally able to back off with a full loader bucket. Got two truck loads of manure moved.
Tomorrow i hope to run the tiller through it but i'm unsure if i need an over running clutch adaptor. The tiller has a slip clutch and the shafts mate. I do need to shorten it to avoid bottoming out the shaft.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130517_210722.png
    ForumRunner_20130517_210722.png
    961.8 KB · Views: 118
   / A new NAA project now someday a new loader #118  
"Tomorrow i hope to run the tiller through it but i'm unsure if i need an over running clutch adapter. The tiller has a slip clutch and the shafts mate"

You only need an ORC for a rotary cutter.

The ORC acts as a ratchet to stop the inertia of the heavy, spinning cutter blades from pushing the tractor forward when you depress the clutch pedal.

overrunning-clutch-freewheel.gif
ORC RELEASED

overrunning-clutch-powered.gif
ORC ENGAGED

Think of the black outer ring in the graphic as the mowers PTO shaft and the grey inner section as the PTO shaft on the tractor.

The slip clutch acts as the weak link in the PTO equipment drive line. It will "slip" and keep the tractor from shredding the implements gear box if you hit an immovable object such as an underground stump.

Last edited:
Thanks DB. I thought that might be the case. Just wanted to verify. Great diagram.
Might have to wait till sunday as we are getting rain....which we need so i'm not complaining :)

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #120  
we need the rain here in florida too. wish we had some