A new NAA project now someday a new loader

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #91  
It's still a nice tractor SG, you put some new shoes on it looks good

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #92  
both of 'em got new shoes. 13.6's for the 740 and 14.9's for the 950 . the 14.9's were mismatched.. but couldn't pass up good rubber.

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader
As promised some pictures....don't worry i only raised the loader to full height for the photo op.

Not to pretty but getting to be more reliable.

ForumRunner_20130507_192904.png

ForumRunner_20130507_192833.png

ForumRunner_20130507_192845.png

ForumRunner_20130507_192920.png

So finally got some work done today. Not without issues but the old girl is working better each go. Here are the things i need to address soon.

I found that the right ps cylinder is leaking. Unfortunately it is leaking at the at the seal rather than the hose. Got a feeling it will be an expensive one to have fixed.

3 times while running the motor shut down. The govenor started searching then the motor stopped. Waiting about 20 minutes was the "fix". Not sure if it is vapor locking or something...but it is kind of odd.

Oil pressure is good. 40 when cold between 30 and 40 once warm.

Not sure if draft control is working right. It only has 2 positions. When the lever is up ( pointing skyward) the 3point goes up when the main lever is raised. When the draft control points forward all 3 point action stops and everything sinks

Now that the loader is actually full of fluid and working i find it is actually power up and down. It will lift the front off the ground quite easily. My question is what kind of stresses or loads should i be concerned with if thes happens (i don't see a lot of reason to do it)?

Still trying to decide on the value of the giant teeth on the bucket. Might cut them off.

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #95  
Sounds like the draft control is working properly... I use my sub-soiler on draft control.... When the sub-soiler digs in, using the 3-point position lever, you can adjust the amount of pressure it takes to lift the 3-point up.... also, the 3 position top link bracket allows for leverage on the draft control mechanism to lift easier or when it's under more pressure..... That doesn't make much sense but I'm having trouble describing the function of the hydraulics in the draft control system..... someone help me out here..... Dave

I found this link......

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/21507-draft-control-when-how-why.html

Nice install on the aux hyd pump.... Is the flex hose the supply hyd fluid from a resevoir ..

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #96  
imho.. keep the teeth!

as for draft. it will likely only lift the 3pt at the very rear of the stroke.. last 2 "

hunting gov and then death usually means it fuel starved. check tank tap and flow to and thru carb bown.. and make sure no vacume on tank.

vapor lock is not what i'd expece on a gravity feed system with no fuel pump.

That hose is the supply from the tank to the pump. The tank is the frame. Can't claim much design credit just a bit of clean up. Thanks for the link.

I wouldn't expect vapor lock as well. I removed the "auxillary" fuel filter that it had... Which helped. The sediment bowl might be showing a bit of water...hopufully sitting overnight will settle it further and i will drain it.

Blew out the fuel line....flow went from a trickle to a full hose pour. Ran great for 45 minutes then fuel starved again....guess i need a tank flush...and cross fingers that it isn't some kind of tank coating coming off.

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #100  
pull the tap and take a look at the screen on top..