Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #11,631  
Got first cup of coffee poured. 55° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 84 with some clouds later today. Going to start removing 12 40 year old pine shrubs from around house today. Plan is to get started before its to hot.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,632  
Mid 50's, a couple more 80 degree days then 90's and humid, but I like hot and humid.
Mowed grass yesterday, in shifts. First did the front and side annex, then hit a stump and knocked the deck adjuster out of socket and bent it, as well as one tension spring coming off and un-beading a front tire. Must of been a lick because those caster tires hold 50 lbs of pressure! Anyway, after a half hour of repairs I mowed the back yard and rear annex.
My son had his gallbladder surgery Wednesday and seems to be doing well. Enough rambling from me, have a great Friday!

/ Good morning!!!! #11,633  
Good Morning EveryOne,beautiful morining here at 13 Degs.C. May You All have a great day........

/ Good morning!!!! #11,634  
good morning all. A lovely 59 degrees here going up to 82, and no rain in sight for a while.
went to the garden yesterday for the first time in two weeks, holding hands with my wife and walking about 1mph, but
the joy of snitching some fresh raspberries and the strawberries...maybe I planted too many. Boy do the neighbors love them.
Nadene made a strawberry pie for me and I think I gained a pound back. Not that I need to, but I have lost sixteen pounds in the last month
and I guess the wife and MIL want me softer to touch...;)

as reported before, some friends had come to help weed. The amount accomplished was nice, but pitiful compared to the huge expanses of weeds everywhere. I can't bend over and my wife just had a colon resection so hacking away with a hoe or weeder is off the menu for a little while. so I called the husband of my first wife, a cancer survivor landscaper out of work, truly disabled, and a very good friend, and hired him to start weeding the garden. Really don't care what he charges, within reason, he needs the money both for obvious reasons and for his own sense of self worth, bringing home some bacon. Unlike my wife, he has no disability insurance and they are really scraping by.

It's funny, but actually isn't, my wife's sixteen year old nephew is looking for summer work, but weeding was deemed too hard. He wants to "operate" machinery like his excavator dad. Sorry kid, either operate this hoe or look elsewhere. I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams as a young guy ever saying no to work, much less offered by family. so hopefully in about a week the garden will look like we imagined it. The squash, cucumbers, and melons have started to grow like crazy, last year the bugs got them, this year we spray, organic spray, which is both expensive and not very effective in my observation. And the potato plants have gotten huge, flowering, though I do check for potato bugs, which I have never seen before, but am on the look out for. Lastly the green peppers are doing fair, but the hot peppers are already pumping out little peppers. We grow them for others, my acid reflux long ago took the hot stuff off the plate.

Sodamo, nice looking compressor. I bet you're ready to hook up all kinds of stuff to it. You are one industrious guy in the land of paradise.

Toppop, hope your son is doing really well and you can stop worrying. Though one never stops worrying about their kids...

/ Good morning!!!! #11,635  
Mowed grass yesterday, in shifts.

I mowed ours and one next door in one shift yesterday afternoon while it was only 91 degrees outside.

/ Good morning!!!!
#11,637  
I mowed ours and one next door in one shift yesterday afternoon while it was only 91 degrees outside.

Yuck!! 91 is hot for us. 64 here, looking for 86 as a high. Need to help the wife today, and get busy on many other things. Have a good one, guys!!

/ Good morning!!!! #11,638  
woke up to lots thunder and lighting received .75 of rain already.going up to 80 today.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,639  
Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
The Hobbit[/] is really a strange movie that ends suddenly, long before you'd expect (tho it is nearly 3 hr long). I'd bet there will be a Hobbit II before long.

Further to the above I just found this apparently made by some of the crew:

New Zealand, Home of Middle-earth - YouTube

Any Hobbit film without ole Gollum will be incomplete. I think he was my favorite character.
220px-Gollum.PNG

/ Good morning!!!! #11,640  
David

$125 each, $3k for a bank of 24. Interestingly, this includes the interconnects. Not sure if that is a delivered/installed price. My friend has them coming out Tues to look at his system. He is 79 and not going to transport/install himself. Sadly, unlike my system, his has given him fits since it was installed. He is on his 2nd set of batts and needs to replace them.

David, are you off-grid? I don't recall you ever mentioning that.