Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #11,651  
my phone and internet company.[ century link]

Sam, I've got the same company; 10Mbps download and about .75 Mbps upload. CenturyLink is generally pretty good, but occasionally . . . . Tuesday morning I was on the Internet early, but then about 9 a.m., I noticed the "Internet" light was out on the modem. So I did a little checking to see if it would reset; finally decided to call CenturyLink. No wonder I had no Internet service; the phone was dead. So I called on my cell phone and talked to a lady who wasn't too bright for 13 minutes. She suggested I unplug everything from all the phone jacks, then plug in a corded phone to each jack, etc., etc. I told her we were just wasting time and I just wanted it fixed. So she said she'd send a repairman out, but it might be 24 hours before he got here. About an hour and a quarter later, I noticed the light was back on the modem, Internet worked, but not the phones, so I unplugged all the phones again and plugged them back in and they worked. I expected to hear from CenturyLink, but no one every called and no one ever showed up. But anyway, it's worked ever since.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,652  
Could not sleep... Went to bed after mid-night (my sister from Oregon called to chat)... Woke up at 0430... could not go back to sleep...

I have suspicions that things are about to take a change for the worse...

20% chance of rain, high of 86. Gonna be nice it seems...

Be well all,
God Bless,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #11,653  
Sodamo-David,

Sounds AWESOME!

Well done sir.

Be well all,
God Bless,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #11,654  
30 percent chance of rain today with high in middle 80s today, got to go look at jobs today and mow grass. Sam hope you have a safe trip to Lynchburg today doing a lot of road work there. Went to Winston Salem NC yesterday evening wife and I had a ball looking at cars in an old Dairy barn that had been restored and is on the national historical society list. Great venue to look at British cars just a late night

/ Good morning!!!! #11,655  
Coffee is done brewing. 66° with clouds this morning. Heading 85° with possibility of rain in the afternoon. Got all the equipment ready to remove shrubs yesterday. Going to get some of them removed today.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,656  
2013-06-22, 0645

53 right now and a high of 81 predicted...50% probability of rain or thunderstorms.
Once I've had a coffee or two, I'll head outside and get any work done I can...just in case the rain does hit us.

Looks like higher temperatures all week...maybe summer is here.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,657  
61 going up to mid eighties on a beautiful summer Saturday. Yeah.

Buppies, I'd have loved to go to that car barn with you. Grew up with an older brother who worked his way through college
working at a local service station, while I worked the graveyard shift at our local paper bag company.
First a 100-4 in the garage, never ran... then a 100-6, then finally a TD that someone had sort of restored so at least it ran.
Girling brake fluid all over the floor, everything leaked, SU's or Strombergs never synched right, Lucas, the King of Darkness ran true to form, and my brother finally tired of the adventure and got a "real" car.

David/Sodamo, fascinating, thank you. I once priced those Rolls batteries for my old Bertram, two banks of basically 8D's except they were 8V batteries for a 32V DC system. The Rolls were almost triple the other batteries, but were the only batteries that would actually last ten years in service if taken care of, smart charged, etc. Perfect justifiable expense on a long term install. I would get three to four years out of the less expensive Interstates btw.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,658  
good morning its cloudy with rain today its 63.its going to be warm today with a high of 82.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,659  
So, to answer Drew et al...

Didn't really plan being off grid when we made to initial decision to move to Hawaii. I had been stationed on Oahu late 70s- early 80's, knew very little about the Big Island and that electricity everywhere in Hawaii was expensive.

Ah yes. . . necessity is the mother of invention. You do what you gotta do to live in paradise. I like your ideas of going way over capacity to ensure you can meet your needs. It's like workbench space. When you first build it, it looks like room for everything, but soon you are wondering where all the space went. Thanks for taking the time for the thorough explanation. We folks on the mainland don't realize how lucky we are sometimes.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,660  
Good morning all, getting ready to marry off my oldest son today. Poor fellow.;):laughing: